Chapter 5

Hi loves, I know the previous few chapters are boring so I hope from her onwards will be not that bad.

Matthew's POV:

"I'm sorry but you don't have the qualifications we need." My eyes fell at his straight rejection. Am I that bad till I can't even work in a bakery?

"Please Sir, I can learn! I'm a very fast learner. I can clean or wash, anything!"

"Sorry. You're not qualified. We need a experienced baker, not a dishwasher or an ex-stripper." Stripper? I've never stripped before! 

"I'm never a stripper, Sir. I only work as their bartender-" He shut me off immediately when he threw me back my resume without a second thought.

"Shut up and get out now before I chase you out myself. Liars like you don't deserve to work in my bakery. You'll ruin my reputation instantly. Now get loss!" He gave me a hard push, making me hit the doors and fall outside the shop roughly. Ouch! I lifted my arm up to see blood flowing down from my arm and onto the pure white snow, staining them red.

"Still sitting down there?! I said scram!" He hollered loudly from inside, making me grab my resume and list of jobs quickly before running down the pavement, almost falling down a few times due to my worn out soles.

1. Melt Cafe- Waiter  X

2. Pet Lovers Centre- helper  X

3. Lux Hotel- Cleaner  X

4. Caltex- Petrol station staff  X

5. Food Lion- Delivery man  X

6. Clothes Galore- Retail Assistant  X

7. Gold baker- Baker  XXXX

8. Faites de beaux rêves- Packaging staff

Faites de beaux rêves...my last chance and hope in landing a job by today. I've wasted too much time searching for a job already. If I don't find a job by today, it will be much harder to pay off the bills. Thankfully someone had given me a 10 and it helped me to use the 50 to pay the hospital first. Thank the kind soul.

Standing outside the shop, I took a deep breath and opened the door to get hit by a rush of warmth and smell of sweets and chocolates. It's so warm and cozy in here compared to the cold out there.

"Welcome!" A guy around my age greeted warmly once I step foot into the shop. Well, he's the first to not comment about my attire. I'll give this shop's staff a credit.

"Hi there, um...I heard that there's a job vacancy for a packaging staff?"

"Oh! Yup! You're here for the job I suppose?" I nodded meekly as he grinned. "Great! Can I have your resume?" I handed my resume over to him as he scanned it quickly, his lips pursed tightly together in a straight line.

"I'll go and ask my boss. Stay here." Nodding, he opened the door with a mirror outside, stepping in quickly as if there's something to hide.

Scanning the shop interior quickly, a 'wow' escaped my lips as my eyes took in the feast of colours and little details which decorated the shop well. This shop is lovely. The boss really have a good taste. 

After what seemed like an hour later but only 5 minutes later, he walked back out with a piece of chocolate and some art supplies in his hand. 

"My boss said that if you can wrap this chocolate up beautifully for a wedding theme, he will hire you." He place the piece of chocolate on the counter, a roll of tape, plastic wrappers, sissors and some other materials.

"Okay. I'll do it. But can I have crepe papers, ribbon, paperclips, paper and a pencil?" He stared at me weirdly before walking off to get the materials I needed.