Chapter 5 📎

Zendaya as Hayley Brooks (updated 07/03/2020)

2 Weeks Later....

CARA

Two weeks without catfights. Two weeks of trying to get along. Two weeks of fighting over nonsense. Two weeks without getting stalked by rogues.

Today, we will have another football game. Today, I won't have a performance. Today, will be fun. Today, I will have fun.

I'm sitting on the bleachers watching the game. Somehow, I'm keep getting distracted by Aiden. Why does he have to look so hot?

I got out of my dreaming when everybody around me started cheering. I knew the Killjoys had made a touchdown 'cause everyone was on my brother, Shay.

When the game was over, I went to the field to congratulate my siblings and the rest of the team for wining once again. I missed that they weren't doing things for me anymore but I still loved them all.

James went over to Hayley who kissed him. Shay with Phoebe, who hugged him. I on the other hand was having another encounter with Damen.

"You, Wolfe's are so soft and lovey-doobey," He said.

"I'm not lovey-doobey with anyone," I said back.

"You will," He said. "Very soon."

"Damen," Aiden said. "Stop it."

When the heck did he get here?

Then I heard an angry voice. "Aiden, get away from my sister."

Oh, crap. Here we go with overprotective. When I turned, I saw Shay glaring at Aiden.

Aiden grabs my arm and tugs me to where James is. James seems confused on what's going on.

Aiden says: "I have to take her with me. There's a problem with the rogues. I need to keep her safe."

James still kinda looks a bit confused. He alternates between blankly staring at me than Aiden. He finally nods after a few stares. What? He's going to let Aiden take me with him? Aiden turns taking me with him.

"Aiden, I have legs. I can walk on my own," I protest.

"Yeah, I know but I don't have the time to start chasing you around if I let you go," He says in the most serious way.

Ok? Now I'm getting worried.

"I'm sorry," He says as he drives his blue Civic.

"About what?" I ask not quite catching why he's saying sorry.

"I'm sorry that the rogues are coming after you. If you weren't my mate, you wouldn't have to be in this position," He responds.

Ah.... Um... Wow.

"I'm not complaining. Are you?" I ask.

"No. You're probably the best thing that ever happened to me," He states.

He turns to look at me. I have him a smile.

 I have him a smile