Chapter 17

CARA

"Wait!" Jonathan says.

I turn towards him exasperated. "What?"

He grins like a little boy who just got a new toy.

'What?" I ask again.

"Come here," he says.

"You come here," I say back.

He looks at me amused.

"Okay," he gives in and he starts walking towards me.

As he gets closer, I didn't register him pulling out a water gun from behind his back. He sprays me. My face gets impacted by the water first. Water then drips down from my face to my red shirt and black shorts.

"Jonathan!" I yell trying to get away from the water. "What the hell!"

"Whoa, what happened to her?" I hear Shay asks. Then I hear laughter. James.

"I'm going to kill you guys all," I threatened.

"You're not over anything with those clothes," James laughs.

"Shut up, you arsehole," I say.

"Thank you, b*tch," James says. I smirk. "Dinner is almost ready. You might want to change."

Did I forget to mention that we're having dinner at my parent's house? Jonathan and Mindy are here. I'm trying to learn how to like Mindy after what happened. Jacob is coming soon with his mate, Lily. And Jacob's brother, Jack, is coming with Mia. Hayley and Phoebe are helping my mom and dad to cook. Although I doubt that they're letting Phoebe do much considering that she got knocked up by Mister You-Know-Who.

I went to change into my red short chiffon dress. Apparently I have lots of chiffon dresses now thanks to the Owens vamps. They are beautiful. I fixed my air into some kind of messy bun. I teased my bangs back into the hair bun. I put on my high heeled black and red glittered Christian Louboutin pumps. I go back down. My heels clicking against the floor. I was reaching the end of the stairs when I saw him, black jeans, white shirt, and black leather jacket. He then turns around and he spots me on the stairs. He takes long strides towards me.

"Cara," he says.

"Aiden," I reply.

He holds his arm out for me to take and I do. He leads me to the placed table. He pulls out a chair, he sits me, and he pushes the chair in close to the table. He then sits himself on the chair next to me. We sit with our mates. Phoebe's baby bump was starting to show. To be honest, I felt a hinge of jealousy but overall nothing serious. I was going to be an aunt and I was proud of that. We ate the lasagna my mother made for the occasion but honestly Valentine's Day sucks. It's was eight by the time everyone starts leaving. I was planning to crash at my parent's house when...

"Come with me," Aiden said.

I looked at him with my "are-you-kidding?-why?" face. He ignored me and grabbed my hand. So I had to say bye to my parents and Aiden said bye as well.

So here I am sitting in his lovely car. He drove his car out of my parent's driveway and enters the road surrounded by trees. It was dark but I could see the glow of the headlights from Aiden's car on the road below us. It seemed like I was on for a long ride...