Chapter 10 📎

PHOEBE

YES! Today is my birthday! I'm taking Hayley, Isabella, and Cara to Starbucks. After, we are coming back to the pack house for my party. Cara is taking me to the mall! It's going to be the best birthday ever!

Oh, Shay's birthday was about two months ago. I'm wearing black skinny leather jeans, a white top that stops below my breast line and above my bellybutton, and a mini black leather jacket along with black high heels. Oh, and a black belt and two bracelets. Let's go to Starbucks!! Once I got down to the first floor I saw the girls waiting for me.

"We were just wondering when the birthday girl was coming down," Lei says and I smile.

"Happy Birthday, Bea," Care says.

"Happy Birthday!" Izzy sing-songs.

"Thank you, guys," I thank them and hugged them all. "Let's go to Starbucks, shall we?"

They nod and follow me out the door to Cara's Camaro and we hopped in. We got to Starbucks in ten minutes. We went in and got in line. Isabella ordered mocha. Hayley and I ordered hot chocolate. Cara ordered an ice white chocolate mocha with no whip cream. We all ordered chocolate chip cookies. We stayed at Starbucks to drink and eat the things we ordered. In the mean time, there were a lot of guys sneaking peaks at us. It was quite funny but I kinda felt bad that they can't have us. We have mates so look away!

I saw a guy getting up from his chair and made his way to us. Saying that he was hot would be an understatement. He has green eyes, brown hair, he's white (not to be racist), and he's so hot. Cara must have noticed my staring because she turned around to see what I was looking at. The guy smiled when she turned a around and she was smiling back. Does she know him?

"Hi, Cara, long time no see," he said once he was in front of Cara.

"Hey, Jacob, I can say the same," Cara replies.

"So who are your lady friends?" Jacob asks.

"Oh right, that is Isabella, that's Hayley, and that right there is Phoebe," she says pointing at each one of us. "It's her birthday today!"

"Oh, well, Phoebe, happy birthday," Jacob says.

"Thank you," I say. "How do you guys know each other?"

There was so much hesitation in them that it took them about three minutes to reply a simple question.

"H-he he was the one who kidnapped me in the forest," Cara says taking out an apologetic grin.

"This is the a$$hole!" Hayley asks hysterically.

"Yeah," Cara says still with that 'please don't kill me' look.

"You're friends with this guy?" Isabella asks.

"Yes, even though he is a rogue he is a really nice guy who has spent his life looking for his mate ever since he shifted," I explain. "He wants no trouble what so ever."

"Yeah, I mean no harm," Jacob says. "But I did hear that Jonathan is planning something so I came to warn you, Cara."

"Who is Jonathan?" I ask.

"The sick bastard of a vampire that wants to get his hands on Cara," Jacob spats.

"What does he want?" Cara sneers.

"I'm not sure what he wants all I know is that he's coming after you now," Jacobs says. "This time is he is doing it for real."

"That sonofab!tch!" Hayley whisper yells.

"Thank you for telling us Jacob. I appreciate it," Cara says. "Let's go back to the pack house, girls."

"Cara, I'm here for you," Jacob states. "Remember that, okay?"