21

Hermione was at loss for words. At loss for anything, really. She didn't even know if she was breathing. She blinked a few times and then she looked more closely at the muggles lifeless who she had know for most of her life, believing they were her family. She didn't know what happened but she knew it was no accident. She knew it was murder. She knew it wasn't done by muggles. She knew it had been a wizard who had done it. A powerful one. She thought of who might have done it, before she knew. 'Father'

Hermione looked at the muggles' face and saw that they were shocked. Scared, even. She figured they must have known who it was. She figured that Dumbledore must have told them at some point. She figured that everyone had kept lies from her. She was fuming with anger and inside she was also sad. She heard footsteps running upstairs to the house and she went back and hid in the shadows. She didn't want to leave just yet. She wanted to see what the muggle police would have to say. What they would think.

In seconds the door was kicked open and the footsteps all stopped. "What happened here?" asked a man from the group. "I don't know. By the looks of it, it seems like a murder. Kind of like the one years back with the family of three all dead but with no blood or anything. That was freaky" said another man. "Why don't we focus on our job and start looking at the scene?" asked a female. "Right" said both men. Hermione rolled her eyes and stayed hidden in the shadows, now taking a few steps backwards.

When she heard something behind her fall and hit the floor, she panicked and her back was against the wall. All the people now turned towards her and she saw the object that fell now rolling in front of her. It was a plastic cup of water. Then she realized there was a message attached to it. She realized it was on parchment and it was addressed to her. With the muggles having not noticing yet, she made the parchment teleport to her hands. She disappeared in a dark cloud of smoke, dark enough to blend in with the shadows, and left the muggle world.

She reappeared in the Forbidden Forest, for she couldnt think of anyother place to go so quickly. She was on a hill surrounded by tall coniferous trees. She knelt down on the grass and thought back to when she was with the Granger's. She didn't know why they were killed but knew exactly who to blame and yell at. She felt so angry but so sad at the same time. Now she knew everyone who ever cared died. She would never believe her father ever actually cared. She would never believe Draco ever actually really even liked her. She thought that he had just planned the whole thing to trick her. Like her father had tricked her into thinking he cared.

She pulled out the parchment addressed to her and read it. "Dear Ellene, if you are reading this then I would like you to know that this is what's best. I can't have you going to the muggle world to see these muggles. The only purebloods who'd do that are blood traitors. I know you're not a blood traitor. Please forgive me
your father, Voldemort"

Hermione threw the parchment, letting the wind take possession of it and laid her head on her knees which were pulled against her chest. She couldn't believe her father would actually kill the only people she had cared about. The first people she ever cared about. Even if they weren't her real parents, even though they were complete strangers, she had been raised by them and she had grown to love them. She had grown with care and love. She knew her father hated muggles and muggle-borns. She knew he liked to kill them. She just didn't know he would kill the ones who had raised her. Who loved her. Who cared for her. She was absolutely angry at her father.

"I want him to be defeated by Harry already" she said to herself. When she thought that, she realized what she had just said aloud and what that would mean. She tried to picture her life without him after she was reunited with him after all those years and after they fought. She realized that she couldn't go on with life if he died. Not after she had found him. Not after she had met him. "Ugh! Why does he have to be such an idiot?" she complained to herself. She thought she heard something in the sky, and looked up, but nothing was there.