Chapter Five

*Edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 5– I don't make deals:

        There was a time about a year ago when I had stayed the night at Jace's house; I believe he called it a sleepover. He had let me sleep in his bed while he took the sofa in his room. Jace told me he couldn't get to sleep without listening to music, so he put his earphone's in, which at first hadn't bothered me.

        As it got further into the night, I was unable to sleep because I could hear the muffled sound of Jace's music coming from the earbuds; not loud enough to make out the lyrics of the song, but not quiet enough to not be able to hear it completely.

        It wasn't until the next morning that I had declared the faint sound of somebody else's music playing mutedly in their earphones the most annoying thing in the world.

        Today I had changed my mind.

        "Leave me alone," I grumble as I make my way out of third period. The same girl who had bumped into me earlier this morning in the hallway has been stalking me since second period; a class we unfortunately share. Apparently she's my "buddy" whatever the fuck that means. What she is, though, is persistent, I'll give her that, but I don't like persistent. I find it highly infuriating and nerve grating.

        "Please just come and sit with me," she nags.

        "No, I don't want to sit with you. Fuck off, Leah," I grit as I reach my locker.

        "It's Lilah but whatever," she mumbles under her breath as I get a sense of déjà vu. At least I think that's what it's called. "Look, you don't have any friends and I don't see you making any anytime soon with your crappy attitude. If I were you, I'd try and make some whilst you still can because if not, you're going to have no one," she rushes out, no longer having patience with me.

        I feel irritated at her words, my jaw clenching as I throw my books inside my locker. I hate people like her; those who assume things and jump to conclusions. I'll tell her where she can fucking jump.

        Off a fucking cliff.

        I take out one of the new notebooks inside my locker, labelled U.S History, and shove it inside my bag. The redheaded leech gasps loudly beside me, drawing my attention to her as I slam the blue, metal door shut.

        "Oh my god. That was so horrible of me. I can't believe I said that," she stresses apologetically, her small, pale hands against her equally pale cheeks.

        I glare at her as she continues to mumble her apologies, rambling about how she didn't mean to be so rude. "Will you shut the fuck up?" I snap harshly, her constant babbling is worsening my headache.

        She abruptly stops talking mid-sentence, her eyes narrowing into sharp slits. "I'm trying to apologies for being rude," she informs me matter-of-factly, her tone showing her irritation. "How about we make a deal?" She suggests suddenly, crossing her arms over her chest.

        "I don't make deals," I tell her flatly, making a move to walk around her.

        The petite girl stands in my way, holding one hand out in front of me, but careful not to make contact with any part of my body. She would've lost a fucking limb if she did. "Just hear me out, okay?"

        "No. Move."

        "No," she stands her ground firmly, going back to folding her arms and squaring her shoulders. I breathe through my nose deeply before exhaling through my mouth. I can't kill her. I can't. Not here.