Chapter Fifty-Four

*Not edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 54– Pointless and weird:

        "Rise and shine my little psychopathic angel," Jace hollers as he barges into my room. "It's Halloween!" His voice is way too loud and I grumble as I turn over in bed, my eyes still closed. Not even two seconds into the day and he's already managing to piss me off. Sometimes I wonder why I keep him around.

"Get the fuck out of my room."

        I hear Jace click his tongue as he shuffles around, "Um... no, I'm not going to do that," his feet pad across my floor until he's at my window, ripping open the curtains. Despite my eyes being closed, I notice the room get considerably brighter. "We have a big day ahead of us."

        With my eyes still sealed tightly shut, I blindly wave my hand underneath my pillow, feeling for the knife I know is there.

        "Horror movies, snacks, pizza, alcohol, more snacks, trick or treating— Woah, what the fuck!" Jace shouts just before I hear the knife hit the radiator by my window and plummet to the floor. Judging on the lack of pain in his shocked voice, I miss him. "Stop fucking throwing knives at me!"

        "Get out of my fucking room, Jace," I grunt again, rolling over for the second time. "Or the next one won't miss."

        "Um, how many do you have under there?"

        I ignore him and decide to wait for him to leave the room. But he doesn't seem like he's getting the hint.

After a few minutes, I sigh heavily, mumbling about how much I hate the blue eyed asshole as I slowly sit up, my head spinning from lack of sleep as I'm unable to stifle a yawn. I'd been awake all night, laying in bed tossing and turning until the birds started chirping and the sound of passing cars became more consistent.

        I'm so fucking tired.

        Jace notices my fatigued state as I lazily glare at him, his expression softening as his eyes scan my face. "Still not sleeping?" He asks, coming to sit at the end of my bed.

        I yawn again as I shake my head, resting on one arm as I bring my right hand up to rub at my eyes. "What gave it away?" I fire back sarcastically. Jace doesn't find it amusing as he stares at me pointedly. I roll my eyes and put my right arm back behind me to hold me up better. "No, I'm not sleeping. But what's new?"

        "Why don't you just try the sleeping pills I got you?" Jace adjusts himself so he's more comfortable. One leg rests on the floor while the other lays bent on my bed, his body turned so he can look at me properly, a sympathising expression.

        Shaking my head, I protest immediately. "I'd rather die of exhaustion."

        "By the looks of it, that's the way you're heading," he counters bluntly.

        I look away for a fleeting second before meeting his eyes. His sympathy is replaced with stubborn annoyance, a crease forming between his furrowed eyebrows as he frowns at me.

        Same old, same old.

        After his face gets tired of glaring, it softens and he drops his angry act. "I'm trying here, little warrior," his hands run down his face and he breathes out deeply while his head lolls back to look up at the ceiling. "But I need you to meet me half way if we're going to get anywhere."