Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Make sure you read chapter 26 before this one)

*Not edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 27— None of my business:

The time was now nearing ten o'clock, the hangout at its busiest. We were all still sat at the same table in the same seats we had claimed at the start of the night, Dakota and I still drinking our flat soda's while Lilah and the rest of the boys had switched to the beer that Landon had brought with him. I had no clue where he had gotten it from; a fake I.D would be useless in a town as tight knit as Raven Hollow, so he either bought it out of town or someone got it for him.

"Let's play a game," Lilah announced suddenly, drawing our attention to her in question

"What game, doll?" Landon asked, setting his bottle down on the table.

"If it involves stripping you can count me out," Gray piped in, a slight grimace on his face.

Zeke laughed loudly, "That was hilarious." I didn't care what they were talking about, I wasn't in the least bit curious about it. But that didn't stop freckles from telling me anyway. "We were at a party last year... Brandon's I think it was. Or no, it might've been Luke's..." he trailed off in thought, his eyebrows pulling together before he shook his head. "Anyways, irrelevant. There was a group of us all playing Flip, Sip and Strip, which basically—."

"For fucks sake, Zeke. You take so long to tell one story," Landon rolled his eyes, cutting off his friend. "Basically, Grayson was shit at the game and was the first to strip down to his underwear. But he was so fucking drunk, he forgot he wasn't wearing any and so everyone saw his dick," he held up his hand, his pointer finger and thumb inches apart.

Zeke pouted petulantly, his arms crossed and his back turned slightly away from Landon so he was facing me. "If you would've let me finish I would've gotten to that part," he mumbled angrily under his breath.

"Fuck off!" Gray eventually joined the conversation which involved him. "It was laundry day," he said lowly, a blush coating his pale cheek. 

Lilah laughed loudly at her boyfriend, holding her stomach, her eyes filling with tears. Zeke's anger had suddenly been forgotten as he soon joined the redhead in being annoyingly happy. Even Dakota and Landon chuckled lightly at their friends. Perhaps you had to be there to find it funny, because I wasn't the least bit humoured by the story. I looked over at the sound of Zeke snorting, causing Lilah to laugh even harder and almost fall off her chair, to which in turn made Gray start laughing as well.

In the midst of the chuckling and Zeke's snorting, Dakota's blue eyes met mine. He shot me a playful wink as he smiled, causing me to shake my head and roll my eyes. I didn't like him. I didn't like any of them. However I had come to terms with the fact they weren't going anywhere anytime soon, so I had to just bare with their presence for a few more months until I was out of this town.

"Alright, the game, lets play it," Lilah had now sobered up from her laughing fit and was smiling eagerly at the rest of the group. "Never have I ever."

Landon rolled his eyes as he took out a cigarette from his pack of twenty, offering me one as he did so. I shook my head. "Lilah we've been friends since we were kids, I think we all—."

"How about be quiet Landon? No one asked you," she smiled tightly at him, talking through pursed lips, her eyes daring him to say another word.