Chapter Thirty-Four

*Not edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 34- Break people's limbs and cut out their tongues:

It's loud; louder than I would normally care for. My head is non-stop throbbing, the sounds and the mixed smells are overwhelming my senses. There are people everywhere, of all different sizes, of all different ages. They're everywhere. Wrappers and food litter the once clean, fresh grass. It's a nightmare.

"This is so cool," Lilah beams with delight as she links arms with Zeke. "It literally feels like forever ago since we were here."

Freckles agrees with her. "What ride should we go on first?" He asks with wide eyes.

"Ooo, how about the carousel?"

"Or how about that uh- that ride that spins you around really fast as you sit down?" Zeke clicks his fingers as he tries to think of the name.

"Oh my god, why don't we go on the tea-cups?" Landon mocks them in a squeaky voice as he shakes his hands and bounces on the tips of his toes. Dakota chuckles quietly next to me.

"You guys decide between you what ride's first. I'm going to get Kody some food," the blonde interrupts Lilah as she scolds Landon for not being excited.

"I can get my own food," I add, however he chooses to ignore me.

"Anyone want anything?"

As they rattle off their orders, I begin to head towards the nearest food truck located a few yards away where a man stands behind an open window, steam coming from behind him as he smiles and takes peoples orders with complete ease, despite the growing queue. He's wearing a navy shirt with a white apron, looks short, and has more chins than he does teeth. His chubby hands pass two cans of drink over to the people being served before he directs them to the side to wait for their food.

"Can I help anyone?" He calls out. Considering no one steps forward, probably too consumed with trying to figure out what they want, despite the limited menu, I step to the front of the line.

"Um, I want a hotdog, no onion or sauce or anything— just a plain hotdog, and a can of Coke."

"Please," Dakota buts in with a low grumble, suddenly appearing next to me. I grit my teeth and clench my fists. He is fucking everywhere. "And I'll have three burgers, a hotdog— all with onion, the burgers with ketchup and the hotdog with mustard— four portion of fries, a bottle of water, a can of Pepsi, and two cans of Coke," he lists off. "Thanks."

The man in the truck smiles, before looking at the both of us, "Are you paying together, or separate?"

"Together."

"Separate."

Dakota glares at me as I glare back it him, before tearing his eyes away and directing his attention to the fat man. "Together," he clarifies. "Please."

The chubby, foreign man looks between us with an awkward, uncomfortable smile, his buggy eyes darting from left to right. I pull out the first note I grab a hold of from my pocket and throw it on the counter. "Separate."

"Just let me pay," Dakota sighs, pulling out a blue card from a pocket in his phone case.

"No, fuck off."

"Kody," he warns, voice deep, "We're in public."

My teeth grind together in irritation. "Publicly fuck off then."