Chapter ❶: At the Beginning

'Til I Found You

Chapter ❶ "At the Beginning"

OK. DON'T PANIC. Relax.

"Nick, relax. You obviously look nervous." he said.

"I am! I can't calm myself, Kuya."

"Nick, don't be nervous okay?" he chuckles. "It's first day and there's nothing to worry about." my brother reminds me.

"What if someone bully me?" I laugh. Oh my. Bullies! I'm so afraid of them! I remember when I was a kid and there's a bunch of boys in the corner then say something bad at me and I cried for a day. I can't even erase that to my memory. Oh Lord, this is getting on my nerves.

He laughed again.

Sigh. Okay okay. I'm getting paranoid. My brother is right that there's nothing to worry about. Getting to know each other is harmless. I can manage that. I just have to calm myself and be myself.

Take a deep breath. Breathe in - Breathe out. Deeeeep breath. Breathe in - Breathe out.

I remember my Mom told me, "Anak, don't overthink things, it will just ruin your day. Alam mo, ang magiging kaklase mo is yung mga galing probinsya. Most of them are simple just like you. Bullies wont pick you because you're such a good girl, I know 'cos I'm your mother."

A smile form from my lips. My Mom is right and so is my brother. I must not allow negative vibes and ruin my day. Sigh. I thought I already can handle myself when I enter here in college. But girl, I'm so wrong! There's so many things to learn first and experience new things before I can stand myself alone. All I have to do is be open-minded, believe in myself and embrace my fears.

Anyway, how will I introduce myself later? "Hi, I'm Audrey Nicole Hermosa. 16 and I do believe that 'If there's a wheel then there's a car.' Yeah, right. Looks like I'm trying so hard to impress them. Seriously, "I'm a simple girl. I'm not maarte or anything." no, scratch that maarte part. Looks like I'm being defensive without them doing anything...yet. Oh! I'm going to include my family. Yeah, that will do. "I have two brothers namely Kuya Mike and our bunso, Gelo and I'm the only girl. That counts us five members in our family." Urgh! I can't think of anything else.

"Alright, we're here. (^_^)" he said and suddenly I stop thinking. This is it. Oh wow, my heart beats as if she wants to come out of my chest! As my brother park his car I stare at him for a bit.

" ('・_・') " <~ like this.

"What?" he chuckles. "Try to relax, okay? Don't worry, when somebody bully you - which I think will not happen - tell me right away and I'll handle that." he said and pats my head.

"Che! You're making me a kid! Because I'm not." I pout.

"Yes, you're still a kid for me" then he ruffles my hair.

"Kuya!" urgh!

I manage to search for our classroom with him and I notice that whenever we passed someone they glance back toward us and it makes me conscious. Well, my brother is kind of famous because he's the captain of the basketball team. When we reached my room we said our goodbyes and reminds me again. At first I thought he was kidding but then he said it in serious way which I find touching. Though he always teases us both me and our younger brother Gelo but that just the way he is. First he will make fun of us but at the end of the day he's just concern, caring and a lovable brother.

As I enter the room there are few people. They stare at me for a while and I feel my heart beat race. Nick, relax. Why? Because you're new just like them. Okay.

I found a vacant seat at the back so I manage to sit there. A moment later people fill in our classroom and I think they feel the same way as I do. Because after all we're all new here.

Thirty minutes have passed but no professor came. Few people are talking, some are busy on their phones but as for me I manage to doodle in my mini kawaii notebook.

My brother told me last night. "Nick, at first day don't expect your professor will be there. Some of them are still in vacation, some are not yet finalized on the assign schedule and for some, I don't know."

For one hour I keep my mouth shut and all my worries have gone. I look for my next subject which is Math. You know, I'm not good in Math but I can compute - by the help of calculator!

He also said that most of minors subject are active - that means there's a lot of requirements before you passed the exam/subject and the professors are all demanding. Reason is some student don't know how to appreciate minor subject. It's like they just enter in, sit and pretend that they're listening but actually not and the professor sense it which is kind of insulting to their part. You know that kind of feeling? When you make all your effort to pass the knowledge to somebody and yet all they did is just stare at you and doesn't respond? What a waste of energy and time. Then they decided to turn themselves to a terror. Though I know the reason behind still I don't want to belong in some of their schedule. Oh Lord please help me. eh.

I'm scholar student but I always get nervous and when I do get nervous I can't answer the question even though I know it. I find it hard to concentrate because my focus is on the teacher. I got my phobia before way back in elementary days when my teacher easily get mad when some of her class can't answer her lesson. She always hit my head and whenever we have activities in our book then my answer turns wrong she always push down my head in the book. And it stays that horrible moment for a month. I was so scared to tell my parents. It took me a while when I realize I always get dizzy that's when I decided to tell the truth to my parents. My Mom cried and my Dad was furious. Then they made a statement with the principal and decided to terminate that teacher immediately before she hit again some poor student just like. Sigh. I think teachers must have more patience to their students but you can't blame them because some students are really naughty. However, being Teacher - root word teach - must be the one to teach their student with well mannered attitude not the other way around.

I do believe in If the students are smart it is because their teachers really know how to teach them well. But if the students are lacking on some infos and or attitude then their teachers are not doing a great job. Have more patience because children is our future.

See where I'm coming from that's why I behave like this.

Second subject: Finally a cute lady professor came namely Trisha Sembrano and the way she is I think she's okay. A way too young to be a professor. She said she only graduated last year. ONLY LAST YEAR! And now look at her. Wow. She must be pretty smart.

Then here comes to introduce ourselves. Oh my! Nervousness here I come!!! She said we should include our nicknames so she can recognize us easily. Hobbies. Etc. Etc. Then suddenly the front door opens and we all turn our heads from the guy standing outside our classroom. He's breathing hard, a handkerchief in his right hand cause of his sweat in his forehead but still looking good. A handsome smile that can weaken your knees. A Guy-Next-Door you can call....literally. Kidding. Something hit me 'cos he look familiar. Hmm, I wonder who it is.

♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hi guys. As you may know I already published this way back in 2014. It's been what? Two years ago. I revised this chapter and so WILL the other. And I hope you're going to read it again hehe.  I will continue this book and publish every chapter once a month or two chapters in a month if I get lucky. Okay, that's it! Until then!

Thanks and God bless
DaintyLala 💋
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡