Chapter ❸: The Actor

'Til I Found You

Chapter ❸ "The Actor"

[ Luke Martin's POV ]

Being a teen actor is a serious matter. Why? Because you take a lot of responsibilities, you manage your time, you meet a lot of people and you must be very careful in all your moves. A lot of people wants my autograph, others ask me thousand of questions, others want me to be their friend or at least their boyfriend for their own sake. If I refuse then that will be the end of my career. People will criticize me immediately even if its a lie. They do believe in negative things they read and hear because that's how human think. It makes them feel better and much above you when they think something is wrong with you. All my hardwork will just collapse in a second and that's the hardest part in this industry to stand tough no matter what or else you'll see yourself at the finish line.

Do you know the feeling when you're not ready for school because you have a high fever but you can't be absent since there's an exam waiting for you? And when you don't take your exam you're going to repeat that subject in the next school year. Sounds like you have no choice but to drag yourself, go to school and take that disturbing exam.

That's how I feel. I have this fever one time and a mall tour as well. I just can't cancel it considering there's a hundred of fans out there waiting for me. JUST FOR ME. Imagine that. I just can't let them down. So I force myself wear my jacket even though it's summer. Hey, what can I do? I'm freezing! My whole body was tense but I need to perform - to sing, dance and to entertain the crowd. But deep down I sweat a lot. My body's rigid. My breath is short. I need to plaster my smile and act natural. And I think for a moment I'm going to collapse right there in that stage with hundreds of eyes watching me. Poor guy. Dehydrated. Burned out. And exhausted. But luckily I survived without being passed out.

Then right after that day there's a newsfeed roaming around the internet. Someone posted "OMG! Napili nya q at holding hands pa kami! Pero di q lam kung matutuwa ba q dahil nahawakan nga niya q pewo basa naman ang kamay! Yuck! Di q na xa idol!"

Dang.

Then someone commented to that post: "Really? Yucky kadiri nman! Sabi nila mabango daw xa pero pasmado naman pala! Magpa checkup kaya xa!😝"

Oh really?

"Muka lang pala mabango pero mabaho."

"Sintunado boses!"

"Tuod kung sumayaw, hahaha!"

I wanted to slap their faces right there and then. Stupid. All these people are lunatic idiot. If they only knew.

"Grabe nman kayo. Mainit kaya yung panahon kaya siya pawis! Buti nga girl kinuha ka niya. Malas niya pala syo kasi backstabber ka!"

"Tama! Kung talagang idol mo siya dapat tanggap mo kung ano siya! Di naman sya perpekto eh! Tao lang siya noh?!"

"Pang fans lang to! Wag kayu d2 mga inggetera!"

That brighten my day a bit. Luckily I have my real fans who's always there for me no matter what and ready to fight for me in the battle.

And it became an issue. A big darn issue. It was funny how it goes. A lie which people do believe in. Of course it's easier to believe in misconception than the honest truth. I got an interview which my manager persist. At first I really don't like explaining myself especially when I didn't do anything wrong. But this issue is being controversial and though I hate to admit it to myself I became more conscious on how people thought about me which I didn't done before.