epilogue

6 years later.

Eleanors POV

"Eli please stay still" I plead my five year old son as I bathe him and he splashes the water to my face. I shut my eyes to prevent water from going in them and I stand up. "Lord please help me" I sigh exasperatingly.

I grab a towel to dry my face and smile at my 4 year old daughter coral playing with a pink rubber ducky while she sits on the toilet lid. she looks up at me and smiles wide as she waits for me to finish bathing Eli.

I kneel down in front of the bathtub again and pour shampoo onto my palm before reading it onto his head and rubbing it into his brown curls. He groans and looks at me with his brown eyes but stays still nonetheless.

once I'm done bathing him, I wrap a towel around his body and sit him down on the toilet as I shower Coral next. she  grins at me her golden eyes sparkling just like mine. as I place her into the warm water and I kiss her cheek.

I rub the shampoo into her dirty blonde hair as she plays with her rubber ducky. I smile at her as she stands up and spreads her arms for me to wrap the towel around her.

I wrap her pink fluffy towel around her body and she pouts as she silently asks me to carry her y putting her arms up. I do as she asks and carry her then rest her against y side as I turn around to notice that Eli is nowhere to be seen.

A groan erupts from my chest as I see that the door is open and Coral lays her head on my shoulder. I walk out of the bathroom to look for him and when I don't find him in any room from upstairs, I make my way down the stairs.

My eyes widen when I see the glass doors wide open and I quickly jog to go outside. Coral giggles when her voice sounds jumpy.

"Eli!!" I screech and he freezes at my voice. he gets up from his sand box and i groan loudly when he picks up his towel. He runs towards us and slips and falls onto his butt which causes Coral to laugh and clap her hands.

Just as Im about to scold him, we hear the front door open and shut then the voice of my husband. "Honey Im home!"

"Daddy!" Coral squeals in my arms and I chuckle before i put her down on the ground. She immediately starts running towards where her fathers voice came from.

"Princess!" i hear Cole call out and seconds later I hear Coral giggling. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too daddy!" Coral says and i turn my attention back to the little troublemaker.

"What have I told you? No playing in the sand box after you have already taken a bath!" I scold Eli as i prop my hands on my hips and he hangs his head in shame.

"I'm sorry mumma."he apologises and my frustration slowly fades as the sight of his sad face pains me.

"Wheres my little champion?" Cole asks as he walks in through the kitchen doorway and Elis face lights up at the sight of his father.

Daddy's boy, alright.

"Daddy!" he cheers as he runs towards him and laugh when Cole gets on his knees to inspect his son's dirty body. "I made Mummy upset..." Eli hangs his head again.

cole looks up at me and gives me a slight smile. "Did he give you a hard time again while I was gone?"

I let out a long tired sigh. "Like you won't believe" i admit and Cole furrows his eyebrows as he looks into Elis eyes.

"Listen here buddy. Mummy can't keep an eye on both of you and do what she needs unless you two are behaving. I can't be home all day, I have work. You have to stop giving your mum such a hard time bud." he tells hims slowly and Eli nods his head.