| o n e

Seohyun awoke to soft sheets as the morning light trickled in through the nearby window

Seohyun awoke to soft sheets as the morning light trickled in through the nearby window. Shedding herself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, her eyes slowly fluttered open, and a heavy groan escaped her lips as her head pounded as if it was being battered by a sledgehammer. She blinked back hard several times as she tried to adjust to her surroundings.

"Huh?" She glanced around the unfamiliar room, uncertain of where she was.

"What? Where am I?" She vigorously scratched her head, trying to recall yesterday's events, but her mind drew a blank. "How did I end up here?" The bedroom was more spacious than mine and held a masculine charm to the place. "What if...?" Seohyun widened her eyes and her hands instinctively flew right on her mouth. One nightstand? That's insane! She looked down and found herself in her clothes and a white lab coat. She relaxed and sighed in relief, but this still didn't answer any of the many questions hovering over her head.

She flicked her wrist and almost choked upon seeing the time. It was 9 am, and she was extremely late for her shift at the hospital. She jumped out of bed, no longer concerned about where she was, and slipped on the white running shoes parked next to the bed, the only common thing she recognized in this place.

Seohyun bolted across the bedroom and once she swung the door open, a man appeared right in front of her and she collided with him. "Ouch!" She yelped as she fell backward. She shut her eyes close, bracing herself for the impact, but instead of hitting the floor, the man swiftly snaked a hand under her back to catch her.

She cautiously opened her eyes to look at the man who caught her. His head was tilted to the side as he scrutinized her, confusion and amusement stirring in his face. "You... Who are you?" he questioned with a stern voice. His eyebrows furrowed, and a grimace was pinned on his rosy lips.

"Umm... I—uhh... see, I... "Seohyun stuttered, completely baffled. Her tongue was tied in a knot, and she was unable to form any coherent words. Her eyes instinctively traveled down and her mouth slowly gaped open at the sight.

He was wearing nothing but a white fleecy towel clinging loosely on his waist.

Seohyun couldn't help but scream as loud as she could in disbelief, and the man shut his eyes close. Her scream was so high pitched both were surprised none of the windows broke or formed any cracks. She pushed the guy aside and dashed right past him. Quickly scanning the room, her eyes landed right on a door standing across her.

She hastily advanced towards the door but was met with another obstacle. "OWWWW!" She screeched in pain, realizing that her knee had accidentally hit the coffee table in front of her. How could I have missed that! And why is this happening to me?!

"Hey! You!" The half-naked man called out to her from behind, clutching onto his towel as if it was about to slip. She quickly limped to the door and ran out of the house.