| s e v e n t e e n

"Tell me, what do you know of Dr

"Tell me, what do you know of Dr. An Jisu?" Jiwoo set his phone down on the desk to record the conversation. Seohyun took a long sip of her brewed coffee; her eyes relaxed as Jiwoo sent her a pointed gaze. The once welcoming office seemed to be engulfed by a stiff atmosphere.

"I've known her since Med School. I believed her to be an excellent surgeon, yet she's still very carefree and bubbly." Seohyun felt chills whirring in her body as she reminisced the wholesome moments she shared with Jisu. Knowing her for so long, it felt wrong to turn away from her. But Seohyun knew her friendship with Jisu shouldn't be a barrier to do the right thing.

"Jisu and I operated on a patient, Kwon Junhae. Nurse Kang was tasked with keeping the foreign objects found during the procedure. However, Dr. An somehow took this job into her hands. Thus, the bullet found in Mr. Kwon's body was lost. Afterward, I found the bullet in her office as I was going to pass a medical report on her desk." Seohyun recounted for hours of her suspicious interactions with Jisu.

The crime investigator could only listen in interest at every detailed info Seohyun testified. Perhaps it was his own bias that Dr. An had operated on him and had been so friendly. But Jiwoo knew better than to trust anyone from the hospital. Especially with a mole working around the clock. Looks indeed, can be deceiving.

"Thank you, Seohyun, for sparing time for a little interrogation." Jiwoo nodded in gratitude, picking up his phone to end the recording. Seohyun briefly returned the pleasantries, accompanied by a curt bow.

Just as she stood to leave his office, Jiwoo clasped his fingers around her wrist. A series of electricity drifted in her nerves from where he held her. It was firm, yet Seohyun felt her hand going numb from the warmth of his palm pressed on her skin. She slowly shifted to face him, attempting to mask her flustered appearance.

She was met with the notorious smirk laced on his lips. Jiwoo perked an eyebrow, delighted by her ruffled expression. It seems clear to me she lacks in the dating scene. Well, she is a doctor after all.

"I'll treat you to lunch. Come," Jiwoo said, a mesmerizing charm lingering in the tone of his voice. He grabbed the long overcoat hauled over his chair before swiftly ushering Seohyun out with an arm smoothed on her back.

Caught off guard, Seohyun could no longer protest as he steered her out of the office. A cool breeze circled the air and bit at her cheeks as they exited the law firm. The sun hid under the cotton of clouds hanging in the sky. It was a sullen day, but Seohyun could only feel a gentle warmth tugging at her chest. They walked alongside each other, Jiwoo guiding her with a hand caressed on the small of her back.

When they stopped at the edge of a road, Seohyun took the chance to steal a glance at him. Looking up, she watched as his confident eyes squinted at the road ahead of them, then her gaze faltered to his mouth curling slightly to a small grin.

His lips parted slightly to release a whiff of cool air, before residing in their usual place as a mischievous smirk. "Seohyun, if you were hungry for another kiss, you could've told me earlier." She snapped her head away, scowling. "What? You didn't think I caught you staring?" He laughed, before ushering her to cross the street.