| e i g h t

"Take a look at the CCTV Footage being played

"Take a look at the CCTV Footage being played." The defense attorney pointed at the projected screen showing the scenes unfold before the audience. The courtroom cut to dead silence as everyone focused on the screen. In the video, the room was dim as if there had been a power outage in the building. A man was resting peacefully, drowning in a mirage of his dreams. A lamp sitting on his bedside table radiated just enough to illuminate his face, confirming his identity as Mr. Ahn.

Just then, someone else had strolled inside. The woman wore a dull lab coat, and her hair was tied in a bun. Entering the room, she promptly concealed her face from the hidden camera as if she instantly knew its lens pointing in her direction. After staring at Mr. Ahn for quite some time, she took out a bottle of pills from her pocket and popped a couple in her hand. Everyone watched in sheer horror, icy chills capturing the whole court as they witnessed the doctor force the man's jaw open and drop the pills that would carry him to death's door.

Just as she finished, she quickly spun around, the lab coat flowing behind her as she disappeared out of frame. As the footage ended, the court was encapsulated in gossip and whispers swarming like pests. The defense attorney slowly paced across the room, presenting the newfound evidence. "This footage was at 11 pm, and as you can see, another person is feeding Mr. Ahn with a set of pills."

"Objection." Prosecutor Yang's sharp voice broke out as the public defender finished. "How can you even tell that is another person? It's a doctor and a woman. All attributes Dr. Min harbors."

"Prosecutor Yang, Dr. Min logged out of the hospital at 8 pm. It's in the official system. The criminal investigation was even able to secure CCTV Footage evidence of her exiting the hospital. After reviewing the footage at the different entrances, she wasn't found to arrive back at the hospital."

"Overruled." The judge nodded in favor of the defending side, gesturing for the attorney to continue.

"Virtually all cities have recognized, either by legislation or by common law, the right to receive information about one's medical condition, treatment choices, risks associated with the treatments, and prognosis. As seen by the footage, Mr. Ahn was asleep while ingesting the pills. It is clear the unknown suspect forced the patient to take the said drug for malicious reasons."

"Lastly," the attorney paused in his steps circling the stage. He looked up from the paper in his hand, and his eyes held a critical gaze. "The timing of this incident displayed on the CCTV Footage perfectly coincides with Mr. Ahn's estimated time of death."

The few strings of hope Seo Hyun had been holding on to now seemed to flourish with the key evidence. It was the perfect fit for the picture. Not only did it deem her innocent, but it opened up new hidden revelations that flawlessly made sense. It tied everything together, like a ribbon binding a bouquet of flowers.

"A decision has been made by the court." The judge spoke with an edge of professionalism as he loomed over everyone on the towering podium. "After new pieces of evidence have come to light, the court has concluded that Dr. Min Seo Hyun is found not guilty as charged by the incident; hence she is free to leave."