| f i v e

Seo Hyun stood in the busy halls of the hospital as she checked her schedule resting on her left arm

Seo Hyun stood in the busy halls of the hospital as she checked her schedule resting on her left arm. The strong smell of antiseptic floating in the air was enough to kindle a headache, but she had grown accustomed to the scent that engulfed her senses. A gentle tap on the shoulder startled the young doctor, and despite the tiresome days, her alert senses never failed her. Seo Hyun quickly spun around, but her tense shoulders and facial features soften as she found Dr. Jong standing behind her, a captivating smile kissing his velvet lips.

"Congratulations Seo Hyun, I heard you found the bullet and submitted it right away." Dr. Jong extended his hand for a handshake, and Seo Hyun reluctantly placed her hand in his, her lips curving slightly into a nervous smile as she thanked him. "You were willing to do anything to cancel the emergency meeting and an overkill of a report huh? Or you just didn't want anything to damage your pristine career so far?" Dr. Jong chuckled as he gave her hand a firm handshake before shoving it back into his pocket.

"You flatter me too much Dr. Jong," she replied and bit her lip to conceal the butterflies fluttering as her boss complimented her good work.

Dr. Jong was a highly revered surgeon in the department, if good looks and charisma were not enough, he just had to be gifted with an exceptional skill in the medical field, which was no doubt his forte. So for Seo Hyun to be taken under his wing as his trainee, she couldn't believe the blessing and curse that bewitched her; for having such a talented boss, and for having to match up to the high bar set for her.

"Ah, such a competent doctor like you..." he trailed off, patting her head in endearment. "Would be so dangerous for someone like me," he finally added with a light chuckle. Seo Hyun caught the gleam in his eye as he sent her a wink before walking off into the chaotic halls of the east wing.

As she watched him walk away and disappear into the sea of people, she slowly turned her head back and widened her eyes. "Heyyy, I saw that you know." Dr. Kim wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, before taking a sip of the cheap coffee in his hands.

"What! Saw what!? Nothing happened!" Seo Hyun squeaked in defense as if she had been caught red-handed in committing a crime. In an attempt to escape him, Seo Hyun wandered away but Dr. Kim followed suit beside her.

"Oh c'mon! Even a moron with an IQ below double digits can clearly see the hearts in your eyes whenever Jong Dae Hyun passes by your sight," Dr. Kim teased. Kim Tae Wook, if you weren't my senior I'd kick you right between the legs, and let's see how your girlfriend would react to no more fun times in the bedroom.

"Dr. Kim can you shut up! Besides, that's so inappropriate of you!" Seo Hyun stopped in her tracks. Her gaze fell on Dr. Kim like an act of violence, a glare that made him put his hands up as if Seo Hyun had a gun to his head.

"Okay, okay, I'll leave!" He surrendered, swiveling around in the opposite direction. Seo Hyun released an exasperated sigh, threading her fingers through her hair that fell all around her shoulders. Shaking her head, she lifted her head again and her eyes connected with Dr. An.