| f o u r

Jiwoo lifted his fist and knocked on the door, receiving no response

Jiwoo lifted his fist and knocked on the door, receiving no response. This girl is something... I thought we agreed at 7 am sharp. As he was about to knock on the door again, it slowly creaked open, welcoming Jiwoo inside.

Jiwoo's heart dropped to his stomach as he watched the familiar living room intimidate him with an eerie atmosphere, ushering him inside.

He hurriedly let himself in, heart hammering against his chest. "Seohyun? Seohyun!" he hollered, his voice bouncing off the walls of the empty house.

Unaware Jiwoo was inside the house, Seohyun exited the bathroom, adjusting her towel around her chest. Jiwoo swiveled around to find the doctor wiping her feet on the mat, only a soft towel wrapped around her.

Seohyun lifted her head to see Jiwoo frozen in place. Unfazed, she was about to enter her room but halted in her tracks. She snapped her attention back at him, and once the situation had finally dawned upon her, she released an ear-piercing scream.

"Hey! You stupid pervert! Go away, you piece of shit!" Seohyun angrily cursed, pointing at the entrance whilst tightening her grip on the towel to keep it from falling. Jiwoo, flustered, put a hand up to cover his vision before tiptoeing out of the house, closing the door after him.

"That crazy bastard..." Seohyun shot a death glare at the door, before rushing to her room.

* * *

"You prick! Don't barge into someone else's house before knocking!" Jiwoo frowned, before shooting her an annoyed look and rolling his eyes.

What a hypocrite, I said nothing when she took a peek at my abs.

"Tch, it's not like there was much to see, anyway." Seohyun glared at Jiwoo, tightening her fists to keep herself from punching him in the face.

As they continued walking, Seohyun stopped in her tracks and tilted her head down at the ground. Jiwoo looked behind, noticing Seohyun was no longer beside him. "What's wrong? Dropped something?" Seohyun didn't reply, her eyes glued to the object on the ground.

Jiwoo kneeled on one knee and furrowed his eyebrows, but his face turned serious as he scrutinized the small pocketknife. The black handle was marked with scratches, and the brand had been cleanly rubbed off, leaving no trace of evidence but a speck of dried blood tainting the sharp blade.

"Wait." Jiwoo unzipped his suitcase and took out a pair of gloves and a ziplock bag.

"Do you bring those to wherever you go?" Seohyun, unconvinced, watched as he strapped on the latex gloves and picked up the pocketknife from the ground, dropping it into the clear plastic bag in his other hand.