Chapter 7

Adelaide

After my ride on the train I headed to the boat. I walked aboard ' The FitzSimmons ' it was a nice boat. A sailor showed me the general direction to my cabin. It was small but clean. It contained a bunk bed, a dresser and a small desk. Overall quite nice.

After we set off, I walked up and down the deck. Watching the sun set. After it set I went to my room and sat down at the desk. I wrote a letter to Steve. I would write to everybody else when I arrived in England.

The letter said this:

Dear Steve,

I promised to write to you everyday. So here I am, writing to you today. Not much has happened since I last saw you. I hope you got my note by the way. I opened your present. I love it!!! I'm so glad that I will have all of those beautiful drawings with me all the time. I especially love that one at the end. ;)

The train ride was uneventful. It was wonderful to watch the countryside go by. I think I even saw some snow hidden in the shade. It reminds me of the pictures of Colorado that my birth mother left me.

The boat is really beautiful. It's called 'The FitzSimmons' interesting name isn't it? A young sailor showed me my room. It's nice, a good size too. I got to watch the sun set. And you know what? There actually is a flash of green as it sets on the waves.

There isn't much else to say other than: I miss you guys so much already. Write back soon Steve.

Love,

Adelaide

______________

I wrote to Steve everyday of my journey. I also wrote one or more letters for everybody else. Even if it was only a very short letter. I won't be able to send them until we reach England. Which we have and now I just need to get off the boat.

England is so very beautiful. It's a little foggy, the air is slightly polluted but the buildings make up for that. They're so old and amazing. I love it here.

I was able to stop at a small post office and mail my letters off. I just love it here. I found a park and sat on the bench. Enjoying the view. I pulled out my stationary and wrote another letter to Steve.

Dear Steve,

I just arrived in London. I'm on my way to the school now. Waiting for the bus to arrive. It's beautiful here Steve, you would love it. Minus all of the pollution in the air that is. That you wouldn't love.

This is just going to be a short letter but I wanted to write to you anyway. I also saw some dolphins right before we entered England. They're so cute! Thought I would let you know. I can't stop thinking about how you would like to draw the things here.

The bus is here. I've got to go.

Love,

Lady

______________

I had just finished my first day, it was amazing! I haven't met my roommate yet, but I'm sure she'll be nice. Our room was basically a small apartment. A very small apartment.

We have one room with two loft beds. One on either side. A desk was underneath with a small bookshelf as well. A dresser stood at the end of each bed. We had to share a closet that stood by the door. A large window was on the only side of the room without furniture.

We also have a small living room with a radio, and a kitchen in the same room with an eat in bar. The living room had a small couch. The kitchen had two bar stools, a sink, a small fridge and a two burner stove.

Overall a very nice little dorm/apartment. I went into the kitchen and made a small dinner. I figured I might as well make a good impression. I don't have homework yet.

I set the little bar area place thingy and waited for whoever my roommate is. I went and poured some water when she walked in. I smiled and walked over.

"Hi my names Adelaide. But you can call me Lady." I said holding out my hand.

She smiled and shook it. "My names Margaret. But you can call me Peggy."

I smiled at her. "I think we'll get along quite splendidly."