Chapter 29

Steve walked in to see Tony Stark zap Dr. Banner with some sort of pen. "Are you nuts?" He asked.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asked.

"Is everything a joke to you? Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny.No offense, Doctor." Steve said.

"No, it....it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce said.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony said.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve said.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us. I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony said.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked.

"He is a spy. He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony said.

"Uh, I just wanna finish my work here and..." Bruce started.

"Doctor?" Steve asked.

"A world for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce said.

"I heard it." Steve said,

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Bruce said looking at Stark. "Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news."

"The Stark Tower?" Tony asked.

"That big ugly......, building in New York?" Steve said.

"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self sustaining energy source." Tony said.

"That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce asked.

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." Tony said.

"So why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asked.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Tony said.

"I'm sorry, did you say.....?" Steve asked incredulously.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?" Tony said. (I just want to point out that Tony having blueberries wasn't planned. Apparently Robert Downey Jr. has a habit of bringing food onto the set and hiding it. The set people couldn't find it all, so he pulled it out during the filming. Wasn't planned, but it worked really well. Or at least that's what I've heard... Carry on ^.^)

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve asked.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically not possible." Tony said.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if don't stay focused, he'll succeed." Bruce said.

"We have orders, we should follow them." Steve said.

"Following is not really my style." Tony pointed out.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?" Steve asked annoyed.