Fearies

I was in my room getting ready to go out when a certain blonde bad boy barged into my room. I instantly threw the mascara tube I had in my hand at him and he chuckled. "I could've been changing." I glared at him. I was still mad about Jace throwing all of us to the side because of Carrot head.

He grinned at me, flipping his golden hair back. "Wouldn't I have gotten lucky." I rolled my eyes and scrunched up my nose jokingly.

He actually looked me over and a scowl made it's way to his face. I had red lipstick with lip gloss, black ripped jeans, a cropped silk tank top, black boots, and a leather jacket. Shadowhaunters look better in black the the widows of the demons we kill. "Are you going out?"

"No, I always dress up to go make myself some oatmeal." I rolled my eyes as I began to do my hair.

I twisted the two front parts hair back even though some of my over grown bangs escaped and pinned them in place. "Didn't Izzy tell you we were going to look for Clary's friend?" Jace frowned.

I grabbed the rest of my medium length thick straight hair and rolled it up. "Oh she told me, I just don't care."

I struggled to get all my hair in the position I wanted it. Jace walked up behind me and helped. His significantly larger hands twisted my hair perfectly and held it in place. "We're a team, Mine." He told me softly, but it sounded like he was talking more to himself as if he had just realized something.

I looked at both of us in the mirror. Jace's taller, broader frame towering over me, holding my hair up. He was looking down at me, and I couldn't help but worry if I had damdurm in my dark hair or it he could see down my shirt. I quickly snapped out of those thoughts, no he was looking at me, and I looked at him. At his soft golden hair that I used to braid when I was younger, at his toned arms that strained against his black shirt, at his eyes that were two differnt colours, crystal blue and gold that had always fascinated me. Jace had been damaged from a young age but not broken. No, never broken he was Jace Wayland, the boy I grew up. I looked down in shame, how could I even think of princess haired Jace as something other than my brother? Quickly I grabbed more bobby pins and pinned my hair in place before stepping away from him. "I not going, Princess."

He looked confused for a moment before he blinked twice. "What? Why not?" He scowled.

I sprayed on my perfume and smiled. "Because you're risking all our asses just for Carrot Head." He didn't even bother to correct me as I grabbed my phone and some money. I walked past Jace. "Tell Izzy to call me if things get too out of hand, and try not to get killed."

____

I was in a crazy party some faerie I met a couple weeks ago had thrown. She had instantly taken a liking to me and invited me. Usually faerie fetishes are Izzy's and Jace's terf, but this one was really pretty and a little fun never hurt. We were both on the dance floor dancing against each other, I could smell her sweet flowery sent as she lowered herself. Then, my phone rang, the only reason I was able to hear it over the loud music was thanks to my runes. I stopped dancing as soon as I saw Izzy's name and picture pop up. "Iz, what's wrong?" I slurred on my words slightly, thanks to a couple drinks I had earlier.

"Jessamine, get down to the Pandemonium Club, Jace is about to do something insane." She rushed and I rolled my eyes but started to walk away none the less.

"When doesn't he? Put Jace on the phone." I demanded, and the girl I was dancing with frowned.

"Who's Jace?"

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I got on the tips of my toes and pecked her lips. "No one, Babe. I have to go."

"Babe?" I herd Jace question from the other side of the phone.