Gotta Catch 'Em All

"Looks like the High Warlock of Brooklyn's got the hots for our big bro." I whispered to Izzy. We were all currently waiting for Clary to finish drawing something we needed to conjure up the memory demon. Jace was brooding in the corner by the room Carrot Head was in, while Alec akwardly conversated with a very amiable Magnus. Izzy and I were sitting on the couch laughing at Alec's flustered state.

"Oi, Alec where are you going?" I exclaimed in between giggles when he began to shuffle towards Jace and away from Magnus.

"Yeah Alec stay right there next to Magnus, where you look pretty." Izzy teased, leaning against me as she tried to contain her amusment. Aren't we just the sweetest little sisters?

"Girls." Alec told us warningly. Izzy straightened up but I continued to giggle.

"You don't scary me, grumpy cat Alec." I teased while leaning back in the couch and twirling a piece of my dark hair around my finger.

"I should." Alec grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest like a pouty little kid.

A loud cackle came from Jace, who until now was standing outside the room Carrot Head was in like a gaurd dog. "What are you going to do, lock her in a room with Clary?"

A thoughtful smirk appeared on Alec's face and my eyes widened in horror. Please kill me now. "No, Alec don't you dare! I swear I'll break into your room and destroy your Pokemon collection."

This time it was Magnus who sniffled a laugh. "I must admit Alexander you didn't strike me as the type to like mundane inventions."

Alec turned as red as a tomato and he slouched while crossing his arms over his chest tightly. Before he could grumble out his lame excuse Carrot Head walked into the room. Jace instantly turned his attention to her. "It's ready."

We all walked back to the room. We took a look at Clary's work. I was faintly aware of Magnus praising Clary but I tuned him out as I stared at the drawing. I'd seen this before. I couldn't quite remeber where, but definitely never in a museum or mural. I've seen this exact drawing, every detail of it seemed familiar. Which was weird nephilim didn't participate in warlock craft. I was never taught about symbols warlocks used. There was no way I've seen this in a book before.

Finally, I snapped out of my thoughts when someone nudged me with their cold arm. I knew it was Jace right away, ever since we were kids I could tell when Jace was the one who touched me and vice versa. Sometimes I could even feel his presence when he walked into a room without me knowing. That's why I was so hell bent on him being my parabati when we were younger. He raised his eyebrows amusedly towards Carrot Head where Magnus was flooding her with weird complements.

"The only person that could draw as well was Michelangelo." Now that's an exaggeration. So the girl could draw a couple triangles and faces with chalk. "Who was excellent in bed might I add." Magnus stated sending an obvious look to Alec.

My eyes widened and I sniffled a laugh at Magnus' comment and I had to lean against Jace and cover my mouth when I saw Alec's reaction. His eyes went wide and he looked away awkwardly making it look like he had a double chin. My brother was too innocent sometimes. Jace looked between his parabai and Magnus confused. I rolled my eyes at him. "You're so dense sometimes. It's a good thing your pretty." I told him and started walking towards the pentagram without seeing his reaction but I herd a surprised combination of sounds escape Jace's mouth. I smirked a little.

He followed close behind me and took his place. Holding my hand and so did Alec. Jace was also grabing Carrot Head's hand, Carrot was grabbing Izzy's, and Izzy was holding onto Alec. Magnus stood outside the pentagon with an old spell book in his arms.

"We must inicitate a bond. Once this bond is sealed it cannot broken until the demon retreats." Magnus told us.

I sighed, "You're hands better not get sweaty," I told Alec and he sent me a look that said this wasn't the time to joke around. I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry I won't interrupt your boyfriend anymore." Alec sent me a glare and scooted closer to Izzy, the nicer sister.

I made eye contact with Magnus and he sent me a sly wink letting me know he herd what I just said, to which I only smirked back. "No matter what happens you cannot let go of each others hands. The demon's name is Valak." Sounds Russian, was that racist? "And at some point he will ask for payment in return for Clary's memories."

"What kind of payment?" Jace started to panic, becoming overprotective. What did he expect? Noboby does anything for free.

"We'll see, let's summon it first." Black smoke filled the room and the red ruby necklace Magnus gifted Izzy started to pulse.

"The necklace is glowing!" Clary yelled. I swear this girl says the most useless things. We all saw the red necklace glowing in the black room. Her comments are like Jasper's from Twilight except he's actually likeable.

"Valak is amongst us. Do not break the bond!" Magnus warned and I felt both Jace's and Alec's hands tighten their grip on mine. I squeezed their hands a little and nodded as if to say we would go and come out of this together. Jace smiled at both Alec and I before turning to Carrot.

"Hold on!"

"I'm trying!" She yelled back, it's very hard to take her seriously. Her voice is so high pitched that every time she talks it sounds like she's squealing.

"It is time, the demon damands payment!"

"What is it?" Alec question.

"A memory of the one you love the most."Izzy's memory was one of her, Alec, and I. We were all young and Alec took us to a mundane store called Sephora for Izzy's thirteenth birthday I tried to match Alec's foundation shade while Izzy attempted to apply lipstick on him. Carrot Head's was one of her mother. Then, it was my turn. My first one was of Izzy and I in the training room where she found me crying while beating a punching dummy and she comforted me. The next happened in a flash. It was more recent. I herd his voice before the scene began to form and I knew I was royally fucked.