I Get Proposed To *Shocker!*

I grunted throwing a punch at the training dummy in front of me, feeling the hard leather send shocks through my fists as my bare hands pounded against it. Then, came a left kick, a right, another punch and I flipped over the dummy (even though it was very tall), my braids flopping harshly against my back as a loud clap followed. Charlie's Angels who? Never heard of them. "Jessie dear, that was impressive!" A sophisticated voice spoke from behind me. I turned around quickly, my hands putting up a guard on instinct. Izzy, Alec, Jace and I have the habit of sneaking up on each other when we're training to catch the other by surprise, last time they caught me off guard I ended up with half of my eyebrow shaved off. I still don't know how that happened buy last time Izzy was caught by surprise she ended up in the garbage disposal, lets just say none of us were able to sleep peacefully that night. Trust me if you get Isabelle's white Nike's dirty you're as good as dead.  However, it was pretty obvious it wasn't my team who was clapping delightedly. I've never in my life have heard them utter the word "dear."

"Magnus." I panted wiping the sweat off my forehead as I walked over to the warlock. He smiled charmingly at me, his magenta eyeshadow glistening. "Going for a day look I see."

Magnus sighed, an embarrassed blush coming over his cheeks. "Mundane makeup tutorials aren't as easy to follow as they seem." I choked on my water, Magnus Bane the high warlock of Brooklyn following a Bretman Rock tutorial? Actually come to think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Bretman was a warlock himself. "I just came to leave the autopsy results, but at least you noticed."

I frowned, my eyes widening as I recognized that tone of voice. It was the same one Izzy got when she just had to break up with her lover of the month because they forgot to compliment her new hairstyle. The same one I've been getting recently because of all my goldie locks problems. I rolled my eyes, popping my hip out as I looked at Magnus. Funny how there's a war brimming and we're all worried about our love lives. "My brother's stupid, but not that stupid. Trust me he noticed, he's just too stupid to say it." I shrugged, slipping on a tight black athletic long sleeve over my sports bra as I swiped the baby hairs off my forehead. Did that even make sense? Let me tell you Alec is stupid when it comes to love, just like Jace and I.

"I suppose." Magnus told me with a dramatic sigh. "It's all so complicated."

I gave him a chuckle. "Anything worth something is complicated." It's true but I'm pretty sure I read that off a tumblr post when I was thirteen.

It was Magnus' turn to give me a chuckle as he sent me a soft smile, his hand placing itself gently on my shoulder. "That's cute, and so incredibly mortal... Jessamine when you've been alive for as long as I have, you notice that complexity is worthless when it comes to the important things in life." I raised my eyebrows at Magnus, not expecting him to go all fortune cookie on me but listening anyway. There was something about the way he spoke that made his words seem so incredibly sincere and equally tragic, like he'd seen it play out again and again. When it comes to love it shouldn't matter who you love, or what others will think, or any other consequence. At the end of the day life's too short. What would you rather do, fight feelings that won't go away or fight against anything that comes your way but with the person you love by your side?"

I sighed deeply, turning to him with a slight smirk. "We love monologues. But you're right Magnus, it's a pity we don't realize that until it's too late. My brother's really got to get his shit together." Magnus' face fell, and before I knew it he was swatting me upside the head. "Hey hey hey!" I whined rubbing my head, last time I agree with the high warlock.

"We're not only talking about Alexander here. A very brooding blonde and a life of adventure is only a bat of an eye away." He singsonged before giving me a friendly kiss on the cheek before heading to the door.