Doing Some Crazy Ass Things

"Jessamine can we talk alone?" Jace spoke softly. Alec had already told him he wasn't willing to go with him but I had stayed quiet the whole time. I nodded, going over to him. Plopping myself easily on top of one of the many crates around us.

"I'll wait outside." Alec mumbled, half way out the door.

"I don't know." I spoke plainly before Jace could say anything. "Jace this is serious. We're going to be considered traitors." I closed my eyes gathering my thoughts as Jace watched me silently. "I know the way the Institute is handling this is wrong, but being a shadowhunter is all I have. Plus, I can't let Alec carry the entire responsibility of upholding the Lightwood name. I owe everything I am to the Lightwoods. If anyone should repair it it's me. I can't just go with you, what about Milan? I made him a promise too." I reasoned more with myself than with him. I wanted to help, I really did but I couldn't.

"What about him?" Jace laughed, only for his expression to drop when he realized I wasn't playing. "Milan, are you serious? You can't possibly like him, he was out cold after one punch." Jace scowled and I felt my stomach fall to my feet at his words. He punched Milan? Probably while taking out the rest of our crew. I didn't see what that had to do with anything that was going on so I let him continue. "Mine please," he whispered his hand cupping my jaw once again as he stood in front of me. I was sitting on the crate and he was standing between my legs, not looking the least bit awkward. Jeez I guess he really is used to being between lots of girls' legs. "I can't do this without you. Not when I can't go five fucking minutes into the mission without thinking about you. About where you are. About what funny thing you would say. About how you would feel if you were with me." His voice fell into a whisper, moving smoothly closer to me as he stared into my eyes. I felt my heartbeat pick up and all my anger and worry disappear. He leaned forward softly, his thumb rubbing a soothing circle on my jaw. I leaned forward too and before I knew it our lips touched in a gentle kiss. It was different from any kiss I've ever had, I'm not the type of girl to fantasize about romance. So, I've never felt the need to kiss someone that way. It was always fast and hot and straight to the point or careless and meaningless.

This kiss was different, it was everything I imagined a book kiss to feel like. Let me tell you a book kiss is as awesome as it gets, it beats even a spiderman kiss. Both of his hands held my face gently and I was responding out of my own accord. It's like he had the force or something because I wasn't controlling myself. His hands moved to rest innocently on waist and my held on to his shoulders. I felt my chest light up like I could conquer the world as long as he was besides me and for the first time in what seemed like a long time I was genuinely happy. I squeezed my eyes shut before summoning all my strength and pushing myself away from him. "What's wrong?" Jace frowned, his hands reaching to hold me, only for me to move off the crate and out of his grasp.

"What's wrong?" I scoffed. "This! Us!" My voice cracked because I really didn't want to cry but I didn't know how to express what I was feeling. "You- you can't just kiss me after you ran away with someone else.You leave and you're so infatuated with Clary, and—and that's fine." I spoke softly because, it was. Clary was good for him and he obviously cared for her too. "But you can't keep pulling me back in every time I try to walk away. When I feel like I can make it without you, when I'm so close to leaving. And the second I become attached to you again you run back to Clary." I finished in a whisper as Jace stood still, looking straight into my eyes. I felt myself soften under his gaze before a wave of anger rolled through me once again.

"Run back to Clary?" Jace scoffed walking away before turning to face me once more. "Jessamine, none of the girls I've been with mean anything to me. I've been pinning after you since we were fucking kids! I've spent my entire life waiting for you to realize that I— that I like you." Jace stuttered out and I felt myself take a step back as if his words had pushed me back. "And when you finally kiss me you end up telling me that we were drunk. That it didn't mean anything. You were the one who told me to go with Clary. Then, next thing I know you're engaged to some asshole you don't even know!" He threw his hands up in the air before punching a crate that was near by.

"Stop you're going to hurt yourself." I finally found my voice only after watching blood seep through the splinters on his fist, walking to cradle his hand and begin to pick them out.

"Mine, don't change the subject." He spoke lowly, staring at me but he still looked angry probably just like I did. Whenever we were together our already explosive nature became even worse.

"It's not that simple, Jace. You know why I'm marrying Milan." I scowled, pushing myself away from him only for him to step closer to me.

"It could be. Just you and me. We'll figure everything else out." He pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, his voice overflowing with excitement. An intoxicating child like excitement that made my head light and my stomach burst like pop rocks. Ha! You probably expected me to say butterflies. Before a much darker tone took it's place. It was filled with jealousy as he growled out. "I don't want to see you marrying anyone else." His chest was heaving up and down, fists clenched making the veins on his forearms bulge out. I paused, taking a moment to look at his eyes before shifting my gaze to his lips out of instinct. Just like that. One moment of naivety because of his words and I was throwing myself at Jace. My hands tangling in his hair and lips attacking his. His hands roamed my back crazily due to the exhilaration, returning the kiss and already pinning me against a wall.