How To Get Away With Murder

I closed my eyes, expecting for tears to form

I closed my eyes, expecting for tears to form. But they didn't, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even feel the air going into me. I couldn't breath in or out. I stumbled back, eyes still closed bumping into Alec's chest. His strong hand placed comfortably on my shoulder, but I knew this hurt him too.

I pushed myself off storming out, not realizing how dramatic I was being. Like Riverdale type of dramatic. Or maybe I did but in the midst of the attack I was having and the cold pain that flood my body I couldn't care less. I stormed into my room, where as soon as I stepped in my breathing got worse. All the thoughts in my head continued saying over and over again that this was my fault, and it was. That didn't stop the fact that every time I tried to breath in, it felt like my lungs were being stabbed by needles and I felt the room moving under my feet.

I stumbled over on wobbly feet to an empty hole in my tile covered wall. Quickly searching through a little pink ceramic jewelry box Alec made me for my birthday one year for a plastic baggy like a whole crackhead. Placing a little pill into my mouth, closing my eyes, waiting for it to take affect.

It's a simple downworlder drug that disorients me enough when my panic attacks get too bad. It wasn't anywhere as addictive or harmful as say Yin Fen or other drugs but it got the job done. I stumbled onto it when I was thirteen and my attacks started mixing with slight episodes of schizophrenia.

Since then I've only needed to take it when Jace isn't around to calm me down, but now I was having an attack because of Jace. So, I resorted to this. Don't worry my schizophrenia wasn't as horrible as the panic attacks. I took prescribed medicine for those, but I don't talk about either of the medicine I take. Maryse and Robert know about it too, but they don't mention it either. It's a weakness and being known as crazy Jessie isn't something any of us want.

I heard alarms going off around me and opened my eyes, thinking I might be imagining it. I was wrong, because my lights in my room were flashing in a warning as well. Luckily, I could actually breathe now and I quickly reached for my bracelet, willing it to turn into my signature double edged staff. Still feeling fuzzy I ran to the briefing room only in time to see the lights stop and Alec coming up from the basement.

He shuffled in, avoiding eye contact, WHISTLING casually. "By the angel who did you kill now?" I hissed placing a hand on his elbow and pulling him close so I could whisper it without bringing attention to us. He jumped turning to look at me with wide eyes. Looking like he really did kill someone. "Oh my god Alec did you-"

"He's in the basement alright. Stop grilling me woman." He spoke, wide eyed and rapidly. Ha sucker! Alec is the only honest man in this world I swear. I smiled sweetly at him, cocking my head to the side before I quickly made my way down the stairs. Even with my back to him I knew Alec was rolling his eyes.

I jogged down the stairs feeling quiet at ease with the darkness of the room as it helped calm my disoriented state. I stopped right at the base of the stairs as all eyes quickly turned to me, weapons out on instinct and they all let out a sign of relief once they saw who I was. "No one will come down here, he said." Jace muttered sarcastically with a roll of his eyes, doing a half spin to turn back.