Go Time

"I'm pretty sure Magnus isn't inside that guy's mouth." Alec grumbled as he walked past me grabbing my forearm and dragging me along with the team to search for said warlock. I stumbled a little on my red stilettos as I caught up with them. Carefully trying to fix my red lipstick.

I looked over at Jace to see him glaring daggers at the guy I was with. He was shaking and his fists were clenched at his sides. It would've been almost comical if it wasn't me who had caused that reaction. I looped my arm around his and smiled broadly trying to conceal our real intentions for being here. "Have you found anything?" I whispered in his ear.

I felt him sigh when my breath touched the back of his neck due to height difference, before he once again turned stiff. "If I had we wouldn't be here right now." He responded harshly as he pulled me along towards the group, who had left us behind to continue their search.

I felt bad for being so immature on a mission. I leaned closer to him and bit my lip. I hate apologizing it was a blow to my ego. I placed my hand that wasn't looped around his arm on his bicep. "I'm sorry, Jace. I'll try to be more mature." I looked down feeling guilty for acting so childish in such an important mission.

"Hey no, it's okay. Don't worry about it." Jace told me softly. It was like he was almost whispering it to me over the loud catchy music. Stupid rave music, I can't get it out of my head. His rough casuled hand brought my chin up gently for me to look at him in the eyes. I smiled up at him.

I'm not sure if it was the loud music not allowing us to think, or the couple drinks I've had since we got here, but I found myself going on the tips of my toes and leaning up closer to him. He was also leaning down closer to me his glowing blue and gold eyes were staring right at me. "Oh my god, Zelie Archfeild?" A raspy voice gasped from a few feet away from us.

I instantly snapped myself away from Jace. My arm unlooping from his and my back straightening at the sound of my last name. My blue eyes looked for the source of the voice only for them to land on a man that seemed from Asain descendens clad in black clothes and glitter. Heavy eye makeup surrounded his dark eyes making them look almost black. I'm sure even Izzy was jealous of his makeup right now. He was surrounded by a bunch of other people in similar clothing in what seemed to be the VIP area.

"Zelie Doll!" He exclaimed once again sheer excitment and joy filling his voice as he jumped from his seat and rushed past his companions towards me. I fiddled with my sleek silver braclet that hung on my left wrist getting ready to defend myself if necessary. Jace stepped slightly in front of me but I put my hand out signaling for him to stand back. There was something about the hope in this warlock's eyes that made me want to be whoever the hell this Zelie girl was.

He finally reached me and threw his arms around my neck almost crushing me. I felt something warm and wet hit the side of my neck. Which I really hoped were tears and not drool. I patted his back akwardly. "I-I can't believe it's you." I herd a happy sob escape his mouth. " You dissapeared. What happened? How are you still alive?"

I pushed the man off me softly. "I'm sorry my name's Jessamine." I frowned. His absolutely joyful expression fell and his mouth opened a little as he wiped tears from his eyes. The light that was in them instantly deemed as hope left him. "Jessamine Archfeild." I clarified. By now Jace was standing closer to me staring the warlock down.

The warlock patted under his eyes carefully not to mess up his makeup. "Archfeild? That's impossible, Zelie and Will never had children." The warlock frowned. "Y-you look so much like her."

"Yeah, well she's not now get off her." Jace growled pushing the man with watery eyes back.

The warlock sighed. "Of course, I'm sorry miss." He said turning back around. Just then I recognized his face. "Hey, wait!" I grabbed his arm. "You sir are the man we've been looking for all night." I told him whilst making faces at Jace.

He understood what I was trying to say and came up on Magnus' other side. "Yes, we have a gift for you."

I shrugged putting my best smile on. "More so a paymemt than a gift. Trust me it's worth your while." We had reached the VIP section and he sat down. I waved at Izzy who was with the rest of the group up a head and her eyes lit up when she saw who we had found. Well, more like who had found us.

"What is it?" He asked skeptically.

"Besides the blessing of our presence?" I joked signaling between Jace and I. "We have this." I said and Jace pulled out a shining silver necklace with a big blood red gem pendent hanging on it elegeantly. The group had surrounded us and Carrot head stood right between Jace and I, Izzy was on my right and Alec was on her right.

Magnus gasped. "Where did you get that?"

Jace shrugged. "We know a guy." More like you're a little hoe who stole it from a farie he slept with. It's a long story, don't ask.

Magnus reached forward and Jace snapped it back. I put out a finger and shook it no. "I said it was a payment Mr. Bane. We need you to help a certain annoying Carrot Head looking girl get her memories back." Magnus' eyes seemed to notice Clary for the first time and a small smile fell on his lips, and Jace and I exchanged smirks. Jace's because he was going to get laid if this worked. Mine because I'd finally get rid of Carrot Head.

____

This chapter was just to give a little back story on the Archfeild's ancestry and their connection with the shadow world. It's the family of Shadowhunters I made up. Jessamine's ancestor Zelie is the lead on my Will Herondale fanfic. She doesn't play that big of a part in this story, but I personally love her and wanted to write about another Archfeild.