Fashion

I grinned as the bartender handed me a drink before I even so much as ordered, shooting it down my throat. I hadn't hesitated to slip on my heels and leather jacket before leaving the institute and sneaking into a downworlder bar. He raised his eyebrows but poured another without asking. "You're the hottest oreo I've ever seen. If they all looked like you that would explain why half of America is diabetic." A smooth overly confident voice spoke as he slipped into the seat besides me.

I let out a huff of laughter and turned to face the main source of my problems. "I thought you were supposed to be charming." I told him while taking a sip of the acidy liquid gliding down my throat. "And eating a carrot, literally." I smirked at my own gross joke.

"Ew." He scrunched his nose up in distaste before giving me a breath taking grin and motioning for the bartender to pour him something. The bartender quickly complied but seemed a bit put off. "Thanks, and hey eyes up here man." Jace spoke arrogantly motioning for the warlock to stop looking down at my white lace bodysuit. He had moved closer to lean against my shoulder as he spoke to the guy.

I rolled my eyes and pushed Jace further away from me. "Actually, feel free to look at my boobs or his dick. We both enjoy it." I smiled sadistically at him before gulping the rest of my drink. "Ready for round three."

The warlock only chuckled and poured another before going to attended other costumers. He seemed about done with Jace and I. "You keep putting off my game." I muttered half heartedly.

"I guess this is the part where I should apologize." Jace told me sipping his glass of scotch. Going uncharacteristic ally serious. His gold eyes were dark like honey and the usual crystal blue parts in them were dark as well. His hair was floppy and going every which way. He look rough, not bad but tired.

I raised my eyebrows questioningly. "Are you?" Last time Jace apologized to me properly was when he broke my nose during a game of dodge ball. Let's just say Jace doesn't do losing.

"I said should." He gave me a crooked smile and I laughed throwing an arm over his shoulder.

"You're a dick."

"And you love it, both of them." He smirked and I chocked on my drink beginning to cough.

"By the angel, I feel attacked." I breathed out finally not choking, and fanning my face.

"I really shouldn't have done that." He spoke seriously now. Not done what? Left us to get into Carrot Head's pants? Kiss me? Blamed everything on Alec? Brought Carrot to the institute in the first place? If I had a dollar for every time Jace does something he isn't supposed to do I'd be the Kim K of the shadow world. "I was just so scared," he frowned as if it surprised him as well that he felt that, "I didn't want to lose you."

I sighed. "Cry me a river, Jace." I rolled my eyes and smirked when he choked on his drink. "It's not like you can change what you did, and neither can I." It was at that moment I realized I fucked up, as Jace smiled faintly. His golden eyes glowing softly like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. I know we descend from angels. I know we're all better looking than mere mortals, and I know Jace is one of the best looking of us. But I hadn't realized just how much. He had always been my smooth talking partner. Now I could see he was properly beautiful, but far more than any angel could ever be. He was what I imagine the god Apollo to look like. Oh my god do I sound like Carrot Head? Probably not, I'm pretty sure all she thinks about while looking at him is about his abs. Which don't get me wrong are not a bad thing to think about but still.

I licked my lips analyzing just what I had agreed to when I vowed to protect my parabati at all costs. Just what I had agreed to a few hours ago. It was her happiness over mine, and that's what it would always be. I couldn't live with myself if it wasn't, but I need this before I follow through with my mission. "I'm going to blame this on the alcohol in the morning okay?" I spoke quickly, nodding my head so he would understand what I was trying to say. "So, don't get attached."

"Ha, freaking light weight-" I cut Jace off by grabbing the collar of his leather jacket and rushing him forward. Slamming his lips onto mine and not hesitating to begin kissing him. He was surprised, I felt him go rigid at the pull but as soon as he realized what was happening he surged forward pulling my up and out my bar stool and onto his lap. Dang, he has strong arms. Guess that means more push ups for me then.

He didn't think twice about sticking his tongue in my mouth and fighting for dominance. I know it sounds repulsive, but trust me it's not. Especially when you have someone as experienced as Jace, trying to one up me in order to make me lose my concentration and have control. Well, too bad princess because kissing is one (of the many things) I'm better than you at.

He growled when I licked the underside of his tongue with mine, and sucked my bottom lip slightly. His hands moved to grasp my thighs firmly. By the angel, I groaned feeling his possessiveness and enjoying it a lot. "Um, excuse me? You guys are still in a bar." An awkwardly deep voice spoke clearing his throat. We both pulled away looking at the bartender with his neat raven hair and uncomfortable expression on his nice features.

"You just heard me groan didn't you?" I cringed as I realized we were still out in public and everyones eyes were on us. He nodded slighltly and I nodded back, pursing my lips and letting them make a pop sound at the end. "I'll make sure to leave a good tip then." I told him just as awkwardly and handing him a fifty for my drinks and his tip. Jace gave him one as well and we stood up.

When we got up, I noticed three things. One, the bar was mostly all guys. Two, the were all looking my up and down suggestively and at my deep cut body suit that could very well pass for lingerie. Three, none of them knew how to dress. Really, some of these guys were wearing zebra print button ups and capris.

Jace also seem too notice because he looked them up and down arrogantly and smoothly wrapped an arm around my shoulders. His hand gently moved my face to the side and he brought his lips to my jaw leaving a slow perfect kiss before smirking at them, as if to say they could look but that's as close as they would get to me. I bit my lip giving them a flirtatious smile and strutting out with Jace. "Did you see their belts?" He whispered to me in distress as we exited the door, referring to the belts they were wearing with a big star as the buckle.