-1- The Mage He Would Never Forget

Cullen's eyes wandered the room, crowds of mages looked around wearily at all the templars that stood around them. Every mage held the same scared and angered expression, except one. On the far right stood a young woman about nineteen or twenty, her stormy grey eyes watched with a bored expression as the groups of mages were being separated and escorted to their new rooms within the circle. Her blonde hair was held high in a partially neat bun, the strands most likely becoming loose during her struggle with the guards that had brought her here. From her expression he could have sworn she was a tranquil but dismissed the thought knowing she would not be here if she was. For a moment her eyes met his and his heart nearly stopped, his face heating up in embarrassment as her eyes ran over him. She had caught him staring hard at her but had no reaction to his wandering eyes, her gaze breaking with his after a moment to watch the protests of the mages being forced away through a side door.

A heavy smack came upon his shoulder sending him skyward as an older Templar grasped his plated shoulder, a smile appearing on the older ones face at the reaction. "You like that one?" Came his rough voice as Cullen blushed harder shaking his head quickly like a scared child.

"No sir I was just surveying the new mages, nothing like that sir!" His voice was frantic towards his knight commander who had been known to pick out certain mages for each Templar under his command to watch, most of the newer recruits taking advantage of their power over the mages.

Cullen was still new to his power within the circle, having been promoted to a full knight only about three years ago at the age of eighteen. He had been out on scouting missions most of the time to build his combat and problem solving skills, only once before had he been ordered to watch over a group mages but was relieved of duty shortly after when his knight commander had suspicions that they were on the verge of becoming Abominations. "You can be in charge of her then. Go get her Rutherford." His commander chuckled before walking towards the other knights to order them to hurry up with the movement of the mages.

Swallowing hard Cullen tried to slow his heart rate that made his heavy plated armour vibrate, the tips of his ears burning as he stiffly began walking towards the girl. "Excuse me." He started after clearing his suddenly desert dry throat, the girl turning her gaze towards him. As soon as her eyes met his, he felt his mind weaken, his pre-thought introduction vanishing.

"Yes?" She questioned in a heavenly voice confusion lacing her delicate features. As he attempted to regain his thoughts he found himself staring at her, taking in her features from up close. Her eyes were not only a stormy grey, but also had small tendrils of Amber sneaking in and out of the clouded grey that made up her mesmerizing irises. Smeared above her eyelids was a soft navy shade along with black lining her water lines, her porcelain skin complimenting her soft pink lips. As her lips moved he felt himself slouch in his armour, mesmerized by how soft they looked. "Hello?" She waved a hand in front of his face, his eyes fluttering as he came to. Her dirty blonde eyebrow arched as her eyes shot back and forth between  his, a few mages yelling in the background.

"Makers breath..." He started softly pinching the bridge of his nose before shaking his head. "Forgive me, I am to take you to your room and will be accompanying you throughout the duration of your stay." Straightening his posture he glanced to his left as a metal plated hand waved at him before giving him a teasing thumbs up. Maker how he wished he could just disappear from sight, rid himself of the embarrassment he was feeling, escape this beautiful woman that was destined to capture his dreams for nights to come.

"So your going to be watching me day and night, following me around to make sure I don't turn into an Abomination?" Her words were harsh but not intentionally so, Cullen's only reply being a soft nod of his head. "Well at least your kinda cute." Her soft laughter filled his ears making an unintentional smile appear on his face, soft wrinkles appearing beside her eyes. Her comment had set his face ablaze once more, his thoughts now filled with the fact that she found him cute. He walked her to her room giving her a brief tour of the other rooms around hers to ensure she felt as welcome as possible, both of them sharing a few laughs along the way. He was surprised at her humorous and cheerful nature, considering she was basically being locked in a building against her will so she wouldn't go rouge like so many other mages. From the years he had been studying with the templars he had come to realize that most of them didn't see as mages as human in the slightest way, instead they were Apostates, monsters or at the very worst, a host for the demons they worshiped; which was rarely the case.