-13- A Morning To Summon

Faith pulled her hood closer to cover her face as it rippled and threatened to blow off from the strong wind that rushed past her. She stood outside of the fort, a good mountain side away from the entrance. She had been practicing summoning the mighty beast she held within her but hadn't actually let him out. She was worried he would turn around and blow the fort to rubble for having been locked inside of it for so long. The summoning was similar to that of a familiar, she could hear him inside her at all times and even if he was released, he was still tied to her.

Cullen was busy assigning new troops before a mission so she had some free time on her hands. Her mark hadn't been giving her much issues lately and 'Erebus' as the Dragon called himself, had mentioned that he would be able
to suppress the marks power to avoid it killing her. She was thankful for this, but knew he was only doing that to protect his host. She was nearing the end of her freedom period, before someone came looking for her to make sure she hadn't run off.

As she begun packing up her small bundle of things she felt the sensation of a hand resting on her shoulder, her body going rigid and stiff before she sharply turned her head around. Dorian stood behind her with a sly smile, his moustache arched at the corners of his lips.

"What are you doing out here my Dear?" He questioned, his voice soft yet concerned. "Not summoning demons are we?" He chuckled as she gave a soft smile. He could feel the energy of her mana and the fact  that she had been using lesser summoning magic but hadn't actually been able to summon anything.

"Not quite." She laughed, standing up and slinging her bag over her shoulder. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. That man of yours, Cullen, he made it quite clear to me that I was to find out where you had wandered off to and see to it that you weren't in any danger." The man chuckled, pulling his collar closer to his neck as a chilling wind blew.

"Of course he did." She smiled, holding her hood as she began to pace back towards the Hold.

"He holds you very dear Inquisitor, I'd suggest you do the same. Even with everyone bonded together for our cause, it's still good to have others that you can hold closer than others in times of hardships." Dorian kicked some snow off his boot before trailing after Faith, his hands stuffed in the crevasses of his arms to keep them warm.

"Don't worry, he is very dear to me. I'd give my life for his in a second." She replied, Erebus grumbling in the back of her mind in protest to such an action.

Once they reached the hold once more, several happy faces created them as soldiers and refugees all worked together to make the hold more homely and fortified, Dorian craving hold of Faiths arm like he had escorted her all this way himself. Iron bull put up a large hand before he jogged over, a bright smile on his face.

"You've got a special one there Boss." He chimed, his eyes glinting in the small flames that were scattered around the court yard. Faith looked at him suspiciously before Dorian clapped his hands getting both of their attention.

"Well my duty is done, I think I'm going to go finish reading those manuscripts!" Bull chuckled making a comment on Dorians obsession with the Holds library and joined him in his walk into the main hall. Faith stood in place for a moment not understanding why Bull had said such a thing, eventually feeling the need for a hot bath after the chill of the wind getting to her bones. Cullen most likely had already heard that she was back at the Hold so there was no need for her to march up to his room to announce her arrival. She let out a small sigh then walked up the stairs that lead to her room where she could relax and hopefully find an easier way to summon Erebus.

________________________________OMG IM SO SORRY GUYS!! I got a new phone a while back and it didn't accept the Wattpad app so I kinda gave up on it for a bit and now it's finally working and not glitching out. I'm gunna try to finish this story before the end of this coming year lol, or atleast update like once a week or something