-12- Friend Or Foe From Within?

Faith shivered under the blankets, her brows furrowed as she glared up to the hole in the roof. 'Why couldn't he have picked a room without a massive crater in the ceiling? Or at least come to her room where it was warm?' She thought while cursing the holes very existence. Cullen however was fast asleep beside her, his arms at head level as he lay on his chest snoring softly. Her eyes roamed his back, tracing out the various scars that were both shallow and deep, carving out his last few years for her.

She couldn't help but think what they would be like now if she had brought him out of the tower that day. If he would be as charming as he was now, or more cold and hardened from the hard living of being with an apostate and a wielder of forbidden magics. She had learned of his hatred of blood magic in the tower, but she had far surpassed mere blood magic. If she had wanted she could posses a person from miles away, seeing and breathing as if she were them. She could make them do anything, say anything; but she set limits for herself not wanting to seem as though she were a witch sent to bring a plague among the people.

Rolling over, she let her head rest upon his bicep, snuggling closer for warmth as she heard a soft groan from Cullen, his golden locks messy and wild against the pillow. His skin was cool to the touch but it didn't seem to bother him, considering he wore only briefs. Faith had borrowed a night gown from Vivian, the thin and almost see through fabric not really her style but it was better than wearing full armour or being completely naked next to the Commander, especially if someone were to happen upon the two of them.

Closing her eyes she listened to the rhythm of his breathing, letting the even measured between drift her to sleep.

Darkness was all that surrounded Faith, a distant growling drawing near as she peered around trying to find its owner. A part of her felt different, as if she weren't in the fade, but was still awake; only have been pulled to a semi permanent state. A spark of orange appeared in front of her, the liquid substance sloshing as it hit the invisible ground. Glowing orbs appeared seconds before a scaly face was presented to her, the slanted eyes growing thin as the massive beast rose its head and cast a long shadow over her.

A dark ancient looking beast peered down at her with emerald eyes, a wild and wise look within them. The wyvern let its long neck relax into a hook shape as it lowered its large chest closer to the ground. "So it is you." Came it's rough masculine voice, several voices echoing in its neck making it sound eerie. "Why have you awakened me? Why have you freed me from my stone prison?" Faith merely looked up at the creature in awe, her Smokey eyes glimmering at the beauty of the beast.

"Freed you?" She replied with a distant voice, her brows furrowing as she took in the size of the massive beast. It growled lowly before setting its gaze away from her, it's wings folding and ruffling slightly as if it were thinking.

"I was held prisoner inside that throne. When you touched it I felt your mana and I transferred my energy into you. You might call me a relic of the past. I was the one who destroyed most of this fort, and so my punishment after being defeated as to be forever locked within its walls." The beasts long neck swayed before it turned backs round, his snout inches from Faiths nose. "But I am no pet. I am merely seeking a way out of this place." Furrowing her brows Faith pondered the thought for a moment before letting out a small laugh.

"How exactly does a massive dragon get shrunk down and stuffed into a chair for trying to burn the place down?" There was a moment of hesitation before the dragon narrowed his eyes and blew a smoke ring at her annoyed.

She laughed not receiving a response, her eyes closing as she felt herself become disconnected from whatever room she had unlocked within herself.