-18- Apostate Saviour

"Noooooo!" Faith screamed Erebus halting his actions as the Apostates fled through the entrance of the cave, all except for Clarence; who slowly got to his feet. The dragons chest heaved as its massive head swung around to meet Faiths gaze, his dark eyes narrowing with wonder before he let out a large huff of breath.

Pain struck her again before she felt her eyes roll back in her head Erebus yelling something in an ancient tongue as his foot steps thundered towards her, the world spinning. She felt Dorian grasp her arm tightly before she fainted.

"It's her Mana." Came Clarences voice, all eyes looking to him as they glared, Varric squinted through the sights of his Crossbow, aiming for the Apostates head. Everyone was suspicious of the Mage, Erebus letting out a stiff growl as he paced closer to Faith. "I can help her regain it and cast the dragon back into her. She is weak from the lack of her mana and the leech that is happening for the Dragon to remain in a solid form." He started, his hand slowly moving to grasp a small crystal that he had strapped onto the belt around his cloak.

"And why would we let you do anything to her?" Dorian spat venomously, his eyes narrowing and his moustache slightly crooked.

"She obviously knows me, plus I'm guessing none of you know much about forbidden magic as her and I both do. No, ten years of research and training?" Clarence snapped back with a cold glare. "So if you wouldn't mind I'd like to help an old friend out before she dies."

There were a few snorts from everyone before Bull lowered his axe, cradling Faith gently in his arms. "The boss ain't looking too good. I don't know if we have any other choice." He started, his eyes darting to his fellow party members before they all back off, letting the Apostate close the distance between them. He place a hand to her head whispering an ancient Elven saying, his eyes closing as he sighed.

"Lay her down on the bed mat over there." He ordered the large horned man before hurrying towards one of the tents. He shifted a few things in the tent before coming back out in a hurry, his arms full of potions and sticks, all of which even Dorian was giving a side eye to. Placing everything around Faith Clarence let his knees sink into the thin blankets that were sprawled around her, one of the sticks in his hand. With his free hand he cast a spell setting the end of the sticks ablaze, the fire a vibrant blue. A sweet smell wafted around them as the veil shifted, the air feeling thin and prickly.

A loud snap came from Erebus as his jaws clamped shut and opened again, his eyes dark and narrowed as he stalked towards Clarence. A deep bellow came from his throat as his nails duh deep into the earth, his wings held tightly at his sides. "What is it doing?" Bull questioned, his eyes bright as he watched the majestic creature draw closer.

"He doesn't wish to be sealed away again. But if he is left out he will kill her. His mana is his own but he draws heavily from Faith. He is almost a fail safe is she falls short of mana where he can lend her some but the amount he leeches off of her to remain in that form will prove lethal over a given amount of time." Clarence replied, closing his eyes and starting to speak in ancient tongue. Everyone watched as Erebus circled, his eyes dark and deadly. Every now and then he would let out a cry of what seemed to be pain, Everton flinching and readying themselves to be attacked by the massive beast.

If was about half an hour before Faith seemed to be coming back to them, her skin less pale and her brow less sweaty. Clarence rose suddenly, his staff in hand as he ran his hand down the length of the old wood. Erebus froze as a streak of white, similar to a cloud shot towards him from the top of the staff. His roaring fire filled the air along with his defending roar before the foggy substance finally dissipated, Erebus gone with it.

"Where did he go?" Dorian muttered, shocked as he waved the air in front of him towards where the once prowling beast stood only moments before.

"Back in his host." Clarence replied crudely, his staff shifting in his hands till it was place back in its holster in his back.

"Will it come out again?" Bull said half excited half worried, his hand resting on Faiths shoulder as if trying to comfort their unconscious leader.

"If it does I'm not sure it's going to be happy." He replied beginning to pack up his supplies.

"Well if it does, hopefully it's not at Skyhold." Varric replied, running a hand over the small amount of hair that stuck out from the front of his shirt.

"Here." Clarence muttered, tossing Dorian a small box engraved with ruins. "Give this to her for me when she wakes up. Tell her I said good bye."

"Hey, wait you can't just-" Bull started before being cut off as Clarence stepped through a portal. They all stood around Faith raffled, not sure what to do considering they were here to stop the Apostates at all costs.

Varric sighed, pulling out a pen and paper as he began to scribble notes down on the parchment. Bull simply sat down beside Faith, twirling her hair on one large finger as Dorian started a fire. They might as well rest while Faith recovered, all of them mentally worn out from the past events.