-7- The Begining Of A New Dawn

Horns blared loudly around her as Faith quickly gathered up her party and demanded to know what was happening. Apparently an army was headed towards them, under no banner, their forces closing in. With a soft sigh she tried to compose herself and focus on a battle plan as everyone else ran around frantically trying to figure out what they were going to do. A few moments later Cullen appeared in his full suit of armour accompanied by a few of his soldiers. Liliana and Josephine stood stiffly both arguing about what should be done.

"What about the catapults?" Faith half yelled interrupting the banter, all eyes focusing on her. "We can cause an avalanche that with slow down them or wipe them out completely." After a moment everyone agreed, all taking their positions as Faith and her Party made their way towards the front gates that had been closed, soft yells coming from the other side.

"Let me in so I can help!" Called a voice before a few knocks. Cullen glanced at Faith with a worrisome gaze before allowing her space to open the massive door. Before her stood a young man, his hair blonde, clothes ragged and a large hat sat on his head hiding most of his face.

"W-what do you mean?" Faith inquired with slightly narrowed eyes, Cullen standing stiffly at her side in case the man tried anything.

"He is on his way to take back what is his, his stolen prize." The young man replied, thin finger raising behind him as he pointed towards the mountain. Corypheus. He had started all this it seemed. All his attention pointed towards reclaiming whatever magic had latched onto Faiths hand. The Anchor.

"How do you-" Faith was cut off as a loud roar rang out somewhere over the mountain, all eyes shifting to it as the torches of their attackers got closer and closer. With a small huff Faith nodded to the strange young man, silently agreeing to let him help. Cullen on the other hand narrowed his eyes keeping a close watch on him as he hurried into the walls of Haven. Gathering her party Faith hurried to the only remaining catapult.

With her heart seating wildly Faith lunges at the wheel to set the catapult, her fingers curling around and digging into the old cracking wood. Her party members scattered around holding off the several groups of red lyrium soldiers that had begun emerging from the mountains, their glowing eyes burning against the shadow cast by the dawn. Using her hip to secure the wheel in place she cast a warding spell, creating small magical barricades around her allies to protect them against so of the hailing fire that seemed to continuously rain down upon them.

Cries from villagers, both fearful and war-ish rang out against the clangs of swords as all of Haven fought to upkeep its ground. The corrupted soldiers seemed to flow towards Haven like the very lyrium that tainted their skin, coming from every angle possible, their assault well thought out and executed. Just as the catapult clicked into its loaded and ready to fire position the ground began to rumble beneath Faiths feet, her eyes flicking up just in time for her to act and dodge out of the way. Massive red crystals sprung forth from the frozen ground, ripping and tearing everything apart in their path. Luckily they didn't reach the catapult as they curved towards Faith as she dodged.

Flipping the hair out of her eyes she met the gaze of an abnormally large Templar, the only recognizable part of him being the distinct Templar armour, that was almost completely eaten away at by the massive red lyrium crystals poking out of him from every angle. One arm was completely overtaken by crystal making it much larger and more deadlier than the other, massive pointed claws adorning his large fingers. As her party members finished up the rest of the remaining enemies Faith focused on the big one that was currently stalking her like a wild beast. His eyes remained trained on her as she froze the wheel in place from behind her, her eyes not leaving his as they narrowed. From her side she took out a small dagger that could easily be hid behind her hand if needed, magic flowing from the dagger into her clenched hand. With the other she made quick signs before muttering a soft chant, mana quickly draining from her before a massive blast hit the Templar. He staggered for a moment before regaining his balance, his hands clutching his head as his mind spun like a nug on ice.

Before long the rest of her party took advantage of the opportunity and began giving it al they had to take him down, chips of red crystal flying off of him as they hacked away. Taking a few steps Faiths eyes began to glow a soft purple, her voice coming out soft and hollow as she ordered everyone away from him. They did as she requested, all getting a safe distance away from her as the wind began to pick up. Her gaze was distant as she prowled forwards like a stalking panther, one hand outstretched with her palm to the sky. Her full lips mouthed a few words before the Templar regained his composure, his teeth baring at Faith as he readied himself to send another wave of crystal at her.

As his hand rose and the ground began to shake, a loud crack came from above them, a massive flash of light blinding everyone but Faith for a moment before the air around them became hot and electric. A bolt of lightning as thick as a tree trunk shot down from the heavens, all the energy focusing on one spot as it struck the Templar, engulfing his core. As the light faded black markings simmered on the scorched terrain around where the Templar had been standing, a partially melted plate of armour laying defeated in a pile of ash. The red crystal trail had stopped just inches from Faiths nose, her expression unwavering as she slowly let her hand drop, her eyes returning to their normal stormy grey.

Her party members stood, watching her with gaping mouths in awe at how much power she possessed, Dorian especially. Though she had massive reserves of mana, she was having difficulty restoring them quickly. That single spell had taken 70% of her total mana and drained it like it was nothing. Backing away from the crystal she rested a hand upon the side of the catapult, taking a few deep breaths to try and calm herself down and remain conscious as her head began to spin. She had used too much in a short amount of time and was now laying the price. Her body couldn't physically take much more, having used other spells she now sat around the 10% range for total mana left. She felt achy all over as she hit a lever, the catapult jumping to attention as a massive bolder was hurled towards the mountain side, a loud rumble echoing through the range as snow began to quickly devour most of the path that had been supplying the red Templar's, whipping out all in its path.

Just as the citizen started to cheer thinking they had won, a visions roar rang out from above followed by heavy wing beats. A massive shadow falling over them as a massive body flew over head, Faith letting out a sharp in take as she cause sight of the beast. A massive dragon of sorts flew past them towards the housing that was scattered within Havens walls, a long blast of flame leaving its maw. In an instant there were screams, followed by a long horn call as everyone was alerted to fall back within the walls.

"Quickly!" Dorian yelled as he motioned for everyone to go, Faith hesitating at first before following behind everyone else. Cullen met them at the gates, his eyes moving from person to person in a worried and rushed manner before he spotted Faith, his worried expression melting before he gave a small smile.

"Faith-" He started, Cassandra cutting him off with a hurried voice.

"We need to get to the Chantry!" She had been standing beside him the whole time but felt the need to throw up her arm between him and Faith, canceling any movements to wards Faith that Cullen had been planning on making.

"R-right." Cullen stuttered before following suit after the gate was closed. Upon entering the chantry it became apparent that the priest was nearing his last breaths, his cheeks a bright red almost purple as he rested upon a barrel, the young man from earlier at his side with a worried expression.

After a few moments of discussion it had become apparent that Faith was going to stay behind and create a diversion so that the remaining population that occupied Haven could escape through a mountain pass, even with all of Cullens efforts to convince everyone else wise. As he watched her walk out the chantry doors with a heartfelt expression, he couldn't help but feel his heart slowly begin to break. It took everything he had not to pull her back in and brace for the coming darkness that was currently looming over them.