-14- Dinner Under A Moonlit Sky

Cullen paced nervously at Faiths door, his hand raking through his blonde curls as he built up the courage to knock on the door. he had planned out everything in his head but the problem was actually doing it, hoping that she would react the way he had intended her to. It was just after nightfall and it was still quite warm considering they were in the mountains, the stars just starting to grace the sky with their presence. He was clothed in his warm tunic and trousers that resembled formal wear that would be worn while in town shopping, his boots speckled with snowflakes that hadn't yet melted. Taking a deep breath he rose his hand, letting his knuckles move towards the wood as he was about to knock.

His knuckles missed the door as he quickly pulled back, the door opening slowly as Faith began to walk out, her eyes widening as she stopped suddenly seeing Cullen.

"Cullen?" She started, her hand remaining on the door as she leaned against it.

"Oh, sorry Faith." He chuckled nervously, "I was just coming to check on you, I haven't seen you all day. Now that I've seen your okay, I'll head back to my room and let you rest for the night." He quickly turned and began to walk away but she caught his arm, stepping out from her door way.

"You don't have to run away, I was just surprised to see you... at my door." She laughed, her stormy eyes meeting his as she smiled up to him. His hand rose as he scratched the back of his neck nervously, a small smile appearing on his lips. "You just came here to see if I was okay?" She inquired, tilting her head slightly watching for his reaction.

"Well no, but I wanted to make sure you were alright." He replied letting his arm fall to his side from his neck.

"Why else did you come then?"

"I-I wanted to see if you'd accompany me to dinner tonight, in the garden." He stuttered nervously, his eyes darting back and forth from hers as he awaited her response. Her eyes lit up before she smiled widely and pulled him closer, quickly kissing his lips before she closed the door, Cullen standing frozen in place. It was only a few minutes before she appeared once more from behind the door, her hair up in a neat bun and her clothes hugging her tightly but loose enough to be casual wear.

"Lead on." She chimed as she grabbed hold of his arm, smiling up to him. Cullen was unsure why she was being so enthusiastic about the whole ordeal but he was also just happy she had wanted to have dinner with him rather than shoot him down.

As they entered the garden area, Faiths eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she surveyed the area in front of her. Small torches had been placed all around the garden to light up the pathways, one of the small tables had been draped with some kind of silky red fabric along with small candles eliminating a dinner set up for two. Cullen stood silently beside her, trying to read her expressions to see if she liked what he had done.

Letting go of his arm she turned to him, her expression speechless as her stormy eyes shone in the dim lighting. The corners of his lips rose as he chuckled softly, he would give this woman the world if he could.

"Cullen-" She started but couldn't find the words.

"It's okay, let's go sit down. I'm glad you like it, I worked on it for most of the evening after you had got back." Holding out his hand he slightly bowed, resting his other hand over his heart like a server would. She gladly took his hand, following him to the table and sitting down as he pulled the chair out for her.

Her eyes wandered the table as she took in the delicious looking meal of a roasted goose, winter berry salad and some wine that sat in frosted glasses. After all the stress of trying to summon Erebus and failing, she felt a sense of longing for something like this, and her Templar Lover Boy had delivered beautifully.

"Thank you Cullen, this is beautiful." She spoke softly, her heart fluttering as she looked to the blonde man across from her, a small smile stretching on his stubbled lips.

"Of course Faith, I thought you could use a little get away from all the stress of the Inquisition." He motioned towards the food for her to take what she'd like from what was in front of her, then took a small sip of the wine.

"You could too I presume, after all, you are in charge of far more people and have much more paperwork than me. I'm more of just a pretty face that's at the head of everything, closing rifts where we get the chance." Faith giggles, taking a sip of her wine. The cold liquid chilled her lips but warmed her belly as the frosted glass left small speckles of dew upon her lips. Cullen watched her with his amber eyes before he shifted as if uncomfortable.

"Are you okay? It seems like lately something has been bothering you." He started, Faith stopping mid chew of her salad. Her eyes seemed to search for words that weren't there as they danced around the table. Swallowing hard she smiled at him then leaned back further in her chair.

"Yeah, just got a lot on my mind right now. It should all work itself out in due time." Cullen reached for her hand, taking it gently in his as if silently asking for her to go on. "I'll be fine Cullen." She assured him, placing her hand on top of his.

"Alright Faith. But I'm here if you need to talk, about anything." She have a small nod at his words then resumed eating the delicious meal in front of her.

After they had finished Faith had suggested they go on a walk since it was a calm night and wasn't too windy or cold. She took Cullen by the hand and led him down a thin trail that trees sat nearly beside, the snow thin and wispy at their feet. She knew this path from her bored evenings where she explored the area around the hold, the place holding unseen wonders only found by the curious.

"Where are we going?" Cullen drew out, his eyes wandering as she pulled him along excited.

"You'll see." She chimed, her bun bobbing as she pranced in front of him. Not long after a small hut came into view, the outside covered with a thin layer of snow that blanketed it neatly. The snow around the door way and outside walls was untouched, small winter plants poking out around it. Faith turned and smiled at him in a way he hadn't seen before, blood rushing to his face and crotch as sh but her lip.

She led him to the door, pulling it open and then standing aside so he could explore it himself. Trying to hide his blush he turned away from her as he entered the hut, ducking in the small door way as darkness engulfed him. Faith enter shortly after, producing a small flame at her finger tips as she lit several candles that were placed around the hut.

The inside was far richer with colour and do-dads compared to the outside, several small art pieces and carvings scattered over the small tables. There was two rooms that he could tell, one for the kitchen and living room and the other for a bedroom that rested through a small doorway in the back.

"What is this place?" Cullen muttered as he examined all the small room.

"I'm not sure." She replied truthfully, walking over to him and letting her fingers linger up his arm as she walked around him. "But it's pretty cool right?" A small smile appearing on her face as she seen Cullen close his eyes, chills running through him.

He turned to examine a statue, Faith disappearing behind him. After a few moments he realized Faith was no where in sight, his heart skipping a beat as he began to look around more frantically. Make he hoped she hadn't gone far and that's she was okay.