-22- Bonded

Faiths eyes slowly opened as darkness greeted her, the curtains across the room swaying in the soft breeze that came from the open window. She waited for her eyes to adjust then looked around her room, a large heap settled into the chair beside her bed. She squinted, seeing Cullen in a tunic slumped over in the chair, small snores leaving his parted lips with every breath. pushing herself up she leaned against her head board, feeling pain strike her side, her hand pressing against it as it burned. A low growl came from what seemed no where as her eyes darted around the room, her heart beat speeding up until it was thumping within her chest.

"I didn't mean to drain you of your mana." Came a gruff voice, the words slick and silver lined from a forked tongue. She recognized the voice after a moment, Erebus. "The elfs healed you while you were away, and the human male has been at your side waiting for your wake. With the power we possess together I don't see why you insist on staying with such creatures. Your abilities would prove more useful else where." Faith rolled her eyes, letting out a huff of air before pulling her night shirt up to see a dark mark on her side; her fingers gently running on the outline. "That is a mark of power, my seal that binds us to each other. Our life line." Erebus replied as if Faith had asked.

"And if it is removed?" She spoke softly, not trying to wake Cullen. There was a long pause before a low growl rumbled through Faiths head.

"If our bond is broken both of our souls will be lost. We are bound by soul and blood now, and I have no intention on letting you break that bond. I quite like this vessel."

"Vessel. Thanks." Faith muttered, her eyes jolting up as Cullen shifted to straighten his back against the chair; his stiff bones cracking as he did so. For a moment it seemed as though he was going to remain in his slumber, but his eyes slowly opened. Stretching his arms above his head he grunted, his back cracking more as he arched it, his eyes slowly glancing over to Faith who had froze. "You could have laid beside me." She smiled, her face barely visible in the dim moonlight. Cullen chuckled, his body relaxing as he ran his hands through his hair trying to fix the curly mess though it didnt matter.

"Solas refused to let me." He chuckled. "Plus I quite enjoyed admiring you from here, you are very beautiful when you sleep." He reached over to slowly move a strand of hair from her face, small shimmering tears running down his cheeks. "You need to stop leaving me Faith." He started, trying to keep his tone level. "I cant imagine a world without you."

"Im not sure there would be a world if i hadn't closed the breach before I left." She laughed, taking his hand and holding it in her lap, a small worried smile appearing on her face. He appreciated her trying to lighten the mood but all he really wanted as to take her away from all of this. For the world to fix itself so that he didn't have to run the risk of loosing her, but he knew that was too much to ask.

"How are you feeling?" Scooting the chair closer he pulled her hand up and kissed it gently, her skin cool on his warm lips.

"Im doing better, a little hungry but ill be fine till morning." Cupping his cheek she pulled him closer and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, his smell sending chills through her. It seemed like so long since they had just had time together, just the two of them.

"Are you sure? I could go get something for you." Faith shook her head, smiling as she pulled his arm towards her.

"But I could go for some cuddles and some more sleep, I can tell your still sleepy." Cullen parted his lips to try and deny what was true but bit his tongue as she covered the two of them up, resting her head on his shoulder as she snuggled in beside him. Cullen couldn't help but smile to himself, feeling her warmth ease his chilled skin. Her hand rested on his chest feeling his steady heart beat as he attempted to calm himself, his arm coiling around her protectively.

"I love you Faith." He spoke softly, placing a soft kiss on her head before he closed his eyes, letting his body relax.

"I love you more." She replied before yawning, his heart beat filling her ears as she closed her eyes; his scent calming her as she drifted off.

________________________________________________________________________________

Morning cam quickly as the sun light peeked through the curtains, kissing the messy hair and pale flesh than lay tangled in messy sheets. Cullen was the first to wake, his eyes drifting over to Faith who was still lost in the Fade. Placing a small kiss on her head he got up, heading down the stairs as quietly as he could to fetch some breakfast for her, grabbing a piece of bread with butter for himself. Word spread quickly that she had finally awoke from her slumber and several people were crowded at the entrance of her quarters, including Clarence who had insisted he go see her first. Cullen left them at the door, walking up the many stairs with the tray in hand, making sure he didn't spill any of the delicious food.

"Your awake early." Came Faiths soft groggy voice as he entered the room, her head still stuffed in her pillow as her messy hair lay every which way.

"Breakfast was ready and everyone was trying to come wake you from your beauty sleep, not that you need any." He chuckled, setting the tray down on her nightstand. In only moments her head jolted up and she was reaching over to the eggs and bread, a delighted moan leaving her full mouth as she stuffed as much as she could between her lips. "Dont choke now, Maker thats all we need." He chuckled, sitting on the bed beside her.

"I wont, dont worry. Im just hungry and this is good food." Her words were muffled and barely pronounced as she spoke through a full mouth of food.

"I know." He smiled, taking a piece of bacon for himself and chewing on it. "Lots of people are waiting for you in the hall, Clarence is requesting to see you." His tone went flat as he spoke the name, annoyance present on his face.

"He came back to the Hold?" Came her surprised voice, a small piece of egg dangling from her full lips.

"Yes, he was helping keep you stable on the journey back here I heard." He wiped the egg from her lip and handed her the mug of juice that had been freshly squeezed for her, his eyes focused on her as she took a long drink from it.

"I will have to thank him. I didnt think you'd let him past the gates."

"I didnt have much of a choice, and I wasnt sure on your standing with him. After what happened at the tower; I know you two were close." His gaze lowered as he spoke, his eyes wandering as if he wanted to get over the topic as soon as possible.

"Cullen-" Faith started, sitting up and moving closer to him. "I am with you, I want no one else but you. Yes him and I have history from before but we've only been friends. Nothing more. I am yours and only yours. You have nothing to worry about my love." Pulling him in she kissed him long and softly, letting his head droop down into her chest as she held him, her smell and heart beat comforting him. "I will be yours until I return to the maker."

There was a silence in the air as they both held each other, their bond strengthened. Both of them knew their time together was limited due to Faiths conditions with her mark and her duties but they would make they most out of it.

"Now, we should finish breakfast before it get cold. The others are waiting." Cullen smiles to himself, reaching for more food.