Chapter 2

Alvah's P.O.V

*~*~*~*

"Well then Prince Markov, I'll be expecting the loot delivered to my palace soon. Until then, you are dismissed"

"Yes, Lord Alvah. I hope that what I have prepared will please you."

The prince bowed before walking out of the room. I continued to read the scrolls in front of me. Most of them were paperwork about some arrangements between the kingdoms. Apparently, one of the kings decided to wage a war on one of the vampire kingdoms. Knowing the vampires, they would engage in it no doubt. After all, they are known as bloodthirsty creatures for a reason. I sighed, making a mental note to remind Alyn to visit them.

Being a lord is difficult though the responsibilities for each race varies. You have to carry the burden of your nation and also your own kingdom. Making sure that the kingdoms are in peace and ensure the safety of your own people. You must also attend social events and make treaties with other races to have an alliance in case of a war.

Looking at the table, I could see the scrolls laid messily, even some on the floor. Quills were laying on the table tainting the surface with black ink. Sighing, I decided to take a break. I got out of my seat and left the room to find Alyn. He was spending time with our mate, teaching him language and more about the world.

Glynis was still a little scared of us but neither of us minded. We didn't mind that he was uneducated and naive, nor the fact that he was not virgin. What bothered us was the fact that he was not a full-fledged succubus. This meant that he couldn't have a full bond with us, and he needs a 'Master' or a person who could guide him on growing his inner powers. He would have to have a close relationship with his 'Master' for the ritual, and the last thing we want is anyone being with him, alone.

I growled at the thought of someone touching Glynis. Dragons have a tendency to be possessive, especially when it comes to their mate. We are proud, strong creatures and sharing is something that we are not custom to. Though, Alyn is an exception, as we are brothers. Betraying those who are related by blood was the most dishonourable a dragon can do.

I stopped at the entrance of Alyn's study room, I could hear the laughter from inside. I knocked on the door before entering, only to find my brother chasing the succubus around.

"Come back here, you little minx!"

"Noooo Alvah help me" Glynis cried before jumping into my arm. I smiled at the sight, as he stuck his tongue out at Alyn before burrowing his head into my chest. Alyn playfully glared at him."Alright, calm down you two, what happened?" I sat down in a nearby chair, cradling Glynis on my lap.

"Well, this little mate of ours decided to hide the books when I wasn't looking so I couldn't teach him."

"Too much information, I can't do it" Glynis whined. I chuckled, suggesting a break for our mate, which he stuck his tongue out again to Alyn as his sign of victory before snuggling to my chest. Oh, am I in bliss. Before I could lose myself in my own daydream, I explained the situation about the possible upcoming war to Alyn. He sat on a chair across me, sipping his tea.

"Certainly something must have happened. From what you said, King Hal accused the Blood Kingdom of some incident, which is unusual. We dragons have made a treaty with the vampires for aeons. They're not foolish enough to attack us, as we provide them protection" He explained.

"Even if they win in the war, they know we won't stay silent. We would declare another war, which would result in both races in full war."

"That is what I thought, so I wanted to tell you that you'll be visiting them" I concluded. Alyn's speciality was in strategies and tactics so the job would be much appropriate for him. I, on the other hand, have an advantage in strength so I would fit on training more. Alyn hummed, looking at Glynis with an amused expression on his face. I raised an eyebrow, puzzled at what he was planning for the succubus in my arms.

"What are you thinking about our mate, brother?"

My question made our succubus looked up to me, crooking his head to the side. 'Such a cutie' I thought as I gave him butterfly kisses all over his face. I stopped I heard Alyn cleared his throat, rolling my eyes. Glynis pouted, saying that Alyn could give butterfly kisses to him too, which made me smile at how caring and considerate he was.

"Anyway, I was thinking I could bring Glynis with me, the visit could teach him more about us as lords and how we do things," Alyn replied

It was a good idea, Glynis could learn to be more comfortable with us when we attend to our responsibilities and learn more about dragons. Our people could also know that Glynis will be our significant other. Even if something bad might happen, Alyn could protect him, hell he could protect a kingdom if he wants to.

The bad thing was a day of not spending time with my mate. Well, time to cooped up in my office with paperwork again.

"Considering it is still middle of the day, how about taking him out now?" I suggested, looking at the window. It was a sunny day so it would be a good time for them to visit the kingdom.

"That would be wonderful. I'll be preparing for the trip then. In the meantime, please do help him get ready, Alvah" Alyn requested before getting out of the room. I looked at the succubus in my arms, informing him that he'll be going out with Alyn. His expression lighted up, before also getting out from my lap and running to through the door. I chuckled, following him to our room.

A few days ago, we had brought him a wardrobe and some clothes, although I prefer our mate dressed in our clothing. After all, he looks cute in them.

After dressing him up in some casual clothing, we headed to the palace's entrance. During that, I lectured him on what to do during the visit. My, was I worrying like a mother sending their child away to school on the first day.

"Always be with Alyn side, alright? Hold on to his hand or cloak if you must."

"Okay"

"Also, avoid from following anyone unless he asks you to."

"Mhm hm"

"If you're uncomfortable or tired, don't be afraid to tell Alyn, alright?"

"I will"

"You don't have to submit to anyone you meet. You are our mate, so you are also considered equal to us."

"Okey-dokey"

"Don't forget to-"

"Oi Alvah, stop worrying about our mate. I will take care of him, so don't fret about it" Alyn reassured. Now I felt like a father seeing his daughter being taken away by the evil man she calls her boyfriend. I sighed, kissing Glynis on the forehead before bidding goodbye. After watching Alyn flying off with our mate I walked back to my office, barging into the room.

'Helloo~ paperwork'

*~*~*~*

That was short, time to jump to 2000 words a chapter. As Alvah will be busy having a love affair with his paperworks, horny as always, Alyn will go and discover the mysteries of why the vampires attacked... or did they?
Oh well, leave a vote and comments, I'd love to hear your opinions! :D

Now go sit up straight, having a good posture is, well.. good! c: