Chapter 9

Glynis POV

  *~*~*~*  

 I skipped through the hallways, a grin plastered on my face. Today I'm going to spend time with time with Alvah and Alyn. The thought filled me with such joy and energy that I twirled around.

Not only has it been awhile since I hung out with the twins but it also been weeks since I've been outside the castle. 'It's like a date with them' I thought as a blush crept across my cheeks.

I've learnt a lot about mates and dragons since Marco started training me. What I know is that dragons are very possessive creatures, so they would have to mark me to complete the mating bond. I could feel my cheeks becoming red as a tomato thinking about it.

Calming myself down, I reached to the twins' office. I knocked on the wooden door before entering. I saw Alvah busy going through the scrolls while Alyn was sitting on the sofa drinking his tea. 'Alyn really likes tea' I thought.

Both of them looked up and smiled at me. I return a smile and walked up to Alyn and he touched my hand. I could feel the sparks from the touch which made the blush reappear on my cheeks. I noticed that the twins were checking out my outfit.

"Look at you, so cute. See Alvah, I told you my fashion sense is better"

I wearing a medieval clothing that comfortably fitted my body. The shirt had long sleeve and on the waist, there was a belt that separated the shirt from the middle down that reached my knees. The boots complimented my black tights.

"Please, I prefer when he wears a vest suits with some tight knee pant. Nevertheless, he's cute as always" Alvah said as he walked up to me.

"Now let's get going, shall we?" Alvah said as the twins reached out their arms to me. I happily linked arms with them and walked out of the office.

"Can Alvah shift this time? I wanna see his dragon" I said as we stood at the entrance. I could see the amused expression from them.

"Little one, both of us share the same dragon, so we just look the same" Alyn answered. "How about we shift into our true form?"

My eyes lighten up at Alyn suggestion. I've heard about the twin-headed dragon. Apparently, the twins are the last of its kind. They are one of the ancient species and known to be very strong. To witness such beautiful creature that is also my mate, obviously, I'll be excited. I nodded my head enthusiastically, which made the Alvah chuckle.

"Well, seeing our beloved mate so eager to see our true form, of course, we have to fulfil his wishes." Alvah grinned, leaning into my ear. "Be careful, though, little one. Our inner dragon might take control and swallow you up"

His deep raspy voice made me felt shudders on my back. Goodness, I've been blushing a lot today. Must be the cold weather. I felt something drape over my shoulders, which was a cloak.

"Winter is coming, couldn't have our mate getting cold," Alyn said as he walked outside with Alvah. I watched them as I tied the cloak around my shoulders. Their eyes changed to black as scales start to form on their skin. As if there was magic, they morphed together though I couldn't see due to the light emitted from them.

Before I knew it, I saw a 400ft long dragon standing in front of me. I yelped in surprise as its heads came towards me. Their eyes glared at me, the pupil was black in colour surrounded by the iris that each matched the twins.

Patting their snouts, both of them snuggled up to my palm, which made me stumble back due to their massive size. "You must me Alvah then," I said to the head that has gold iris that huffed at me. "and you're Alyn, then" which it snuggle it's head into my body. I smiled, knowing that their inner dragon was doing this.

As I jumped onto Alvah's head, I heard a whine from Alyn. "Don't worry, it'll be your turn when we go home" I giggled.

We took off flying into the air and I realised how cold it was. Wrapping the cloak closed around my body with an arm, I hugged Alvah's neck with the other, wanting some warmth. I could feel their body heat starting to get higher. I kissed it's head and mumbled 'thank you'.

It didn't take us long before we reached to where we were going. We landed in an opening that is located in the middle of a town. I jumped off Alvah's head, fixing my clothes. Looking around, I could see everyone was kneeling on the ground, bowing the head.

I could hear shuffling behind and I looked to see the twins has shifted back to human forms. I walked up to them as Alvah wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Stand up. You may continue your tasks" Alyn commanded. Everyone stood up and went back to what they were doing. Holding their arms, we started walking through the streets. I could see people at stalls bickering, some were making bargains. There were children running around the streets even in dragon form. The sky was filled with dragons flying around, some performing some tricks.

Such a cheerful atmosphere.

"They're so happy," I marvelled, looking around. "What's the special occasion?"

"Nothing, that's just how things work," Alyn said. "Unlike previous leaders, I guess we're more lenient"

"How so?"

"Well, we don't expect submission every time we're around. As long as they acknowledge us, there wouldn't be any problem"

I nodded, amazed at everything. Since I was sold, I've never been anywhere outside the brothel. Even when I arrived here, I only went outside once with Alyn for the investigation. Going out has never been on my mind since I don't know what's it like. I never knew it would be like that.

While walking, I saw a stall selling some jewellery. The twins noticed my interest so we decided to walk to the stall. There was much beautiful jewellery they were selling, but there was one that caught my eyes.

It was a necklace. It has a black crystal ball pendant that had stripes. When I turned the necklace, the stripes seemed to reflect some kind of rainbow.

"Ah, welcome Lord Alvah, Lord Alyn and Your Highness, Glynis." The merchant greeted. "The necklace is a healing crystal, painted in holographic tint on the stripes. It is very popular in the human world."

"How much does it cost?" Alvah asked.

"3 pieces of silver"

Alvah handed the amount to the merchant while Alyn tied the necklace to my neck. I looked into the mirror, it looked really pretty.

"Do you like it, little one?" Alyn asked. I nodded "It's a bit expensive for a necklace."

"Nonsense." Alvah scoffed. "Who are you to tell us that we shouldn't spoil you, huh. You have no right to be denied of getting spoiled by us."

I giggled at their silliness. Giving a kiss each on their cheek, I thanked them.

We were walking for a while before stopping at a house that was secluded from the town. It was small and made out of wood, but it gave a cosy feeling. Beside it was a garden that stretched into a forest.

"We're here, little one," Alvah said, smiling. He took a deep breath, smelling the air.

"Let's go and see mama."

  *~*~*~*  

Suprise, another chapter! This is a filler chapter though, but some fluff for you to enjoy. You can't always stick to the action always. Kinda gets boring when twist happens every time like damn what is this, pretzel???

Thank you for the votes my fellow readers. Woah, there's a lot of you humans.

Don't take everything so seriously, sometimes you gotta step back and relax c: