Chapter 4

Glynis's POV

*~*~*~*

I walked down the hall of the palace, stretching my arms as I release a yawn. I have just woken up from sleep so I'm heading the dining room to eat breakfast.

It has been a month since I'm here. I was still overwhelmed by everything. Suddenly being introduced to some weird concept of ranks and mate was a bit too much for me. Though, I was thankful for Alyn and Alvah that I wasn't at the brothel anymore.

In the palace, it was calm and peaceful, unlike the brothel where moans and screams always filled the place. No one could really sleep there, considering it was loud and dirty. Even if you could sleep through the noise, you would still be up serving clients.

I wasn't as wary of the twins anymore, though I was still careful when around them. I could feel that they had immense power even if they didn't release their aura. I remember Alyn shifting into a dragon. He was so tall and big, everything about him screams power. I definitely didn't want to get on their bad side

There was also something I couldn't understand. The tingles. Whenever I'm with them, there would be a weird feeling inside of me. When they left, all I felt was disappointment and sadness, wanting to be with them and have their attention

What is happening to me?

Before I could think about it, I was bumped into something which made me fell on my butt. I let out a weak grunt. 

"Oh deary me. My apologies, your highness." I heard someone said, feeling a hand lifting me up. "Ah, my carelessness of not looking when I'm walking." I looked at the person and smiled 

"Ah, it's you, Marco"

Marco was taller than me, probably the same height as Alyn and Alvah. He had jet black hair with black eyes. Actually, everything was black on that man, from his lipstick to his clothes, except for his skin which was pale. He said that it was his style, 'Gothic'. 

He was the sorcerer of the palace. I met him a few weeks ago in the library. Alyn and Alvah were busy about something so I decided to study myself but that backfired quickly due to the fact that I couldn't read.

Marco saw my struggle and decided to help me study. He even gave a tour around the palace, explaining the positions that are available when working for the lord.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen the twins for a few days now. Are they that busy with work? I sighed, feeling disappointed that they didn't visit me.

Marco seemed to read my expression and asked "What's wrong? Is there something bothering you"

"No, just tired from waking up. I need breakfast" I pouted. The sorcerer giggled, before following me to the dining room. I sat at the table while he went to ask the servant for food. He came back with plates on his tray. He handed me a plate of pancakes with a cup of chocolate milk. I thanked him before eating.

"I still think waffles are better"

I ignored him. It has been a little debate between us about which is better since last week. I still think pancakes won. They're soft and chewy, yet firm and delicious with syrup.

Waffles are just... plain flat crispy checkered bread. 

Yeah, fight me.

I brought the plates to the kitchen when I finished eating. The servants looked troubled, saying that I should just leave them on the table instead. I still wasn't used to being spoiled like this.