Chapter 6

The succubus sat there in shock as he stared at the man before him. The man who was his brother. He could feel his eyes welled up with tears. Anger, sadness, confusion. He felt all of them but at the same time, he felt none.

Not many would understand such feelings, it is truly indescribable. The feeling of being separated from someone you've known and grown up with for years, only to find them standing before you. What would you do? Shout? Cry? Run away?

Glynis sat there as a stray tear fell. A then another, and another until tears streamed down his face as he quietly sobbed. Marco put an arm around him, trying to calm the crying succubus down. Glynis leaned into him as he let his tears fall onto his clothes. He could care less about anything now.

He has finally reunited with his brother.

Out of all the family members he had, Marco was the nicest of all. He would teach him things he never knew and take him out to places he had never been. Defending and protecting him whenever Glynis was in trouble.

Memories flooded the succubus's head, reminding him of the night he was sold by his so-called parent. A man came to drag him away from the house to the carriage. He didn't understand what was happening. He was only a 10-year-old child, who only followed his mother's order. He didn't know why Marco was shouting and biting anyone who held him back. He didn't know why Marco was screaming at him and trying to pull him away.

He never knew, until now.

"Bubba" the succubus croaked as his brother held him close, whispering sweet nothings to him. It was a very peaceful moment for him. He could only continue to cry, embracing his brother as they exchanged affection.

Marco patted Glynis's hair, feeling the softness of the golden locks. He could feel that the succubus was starting to calm down, which made him smile a little. Seconds went to minutes and minutes changed to hours, yet it felt too fast for him. His peaceful reunion with his little brother was then short-lived when he heard a soft knock on the door.

Turning his head around, making sure not to disturb the little succubus in his arms, he looked at the door opened to reveal a maid. The maid signed, telling him to come out in a few minutes. He replied with a nod and went back to tend the little succubus.

After a few moments, he could feel Glynis's breaths slowed down. Taking a peek, he could see that Glynis was fast asleep. He let out a chuckle, before laying the tired succubus to bed. Making sure that he was all tucked in, Marco went out of the room.

"The Lords wanted to meet you in their office," the maid said before disappearing into the hallways.

That made Marco tensed up. What did they want him for? Oh no, were they going to go on their decision and execute him for hugging Glynis? Considering how possessive they were, surely they would go on a rampage once they smell their mate's scent on him. He took a deep breath, before walking to the office

He knocked on the door, the chains that were bound to his hands made a rattling noise in the silent hallway. Workers would tend to stray from the section of the building where the Lords stayed as they do not want to disturb them. Sure, they treated Glynis nicely and with a delightful expression, but once their mate was out of site, it was a 180 turn of attitude.

One word: Terrifying.

Marco heard a muffled voice saying 'come in' from the other side. Lowering his head, he entered the office. He closed the door behind him and kneeled, bowing his head until he touched the floor.

"Lord Alvah and Lord Alvah, Marco Allequi at your service" He announced.

"Stand up and take a seat," Alvah acknowledged, looking up from the scroll he was reading. Alyn, who sat beside him, sniffed the air and snarled, glaring at the former sorcerer.