Chapter 13

Alyn sat on an armchair with his hand reached out, hovering on Elena. Elena's body laid limp on the bed with wounds littering on her body. Her complexion was sickly pale and it looked as if she wasn't breathing. It was absolutely dreadful.

A healing aura surrounded her, which came from Alyn. It healed the wounds but it was a slow process. The younger twin had a stone cold look, no emotions were showing through his face. Alvah was leaning against the wall, looking at his twin. His expression was hard to read, though both of them were feeling the same thing.

Anger

It was around dusk when the twins woke up from their nap. Alvah was the one who woke up first, a yawn escaping from his mouth. He looked at the sleeping Alyn who laid next to him. Both of them were in their old room, which consists of a table, a wardrobe and a bed. The bed was big enough for the twins, though that was a thought of the past. Considering their huge size now, Alvah almost has to sleep on the floor.

Alyn was curled up into a fetal position, which was a habit of his. The old twin chuckled, ruffling his hair which woke Alyn up. When they were all awake, they walked downstairs. They expected their mother and their mate happily chattered away as prepared food. Yet, the only thing they saw was an empty dark room.

Alvah immediately ran outside with Alyn following him. Sniffing the air, they both quickly ran to the forest behind the cottage. It wasn't long until they found Elena. She was covered with blood, her limbs were twisted with her clothes tattered.

Now they were back at the little home, that instead of a warm welcoming ambience, it was suffocating and silent.

A knock was heard from the room's door before it opened with a creak. The entrance stood Marco with his head bowed. "Your Majesties, I have arrived to heal her Grace" He announced, holding a bag filled with various vials and food. Alyn stood up from his sear which then Marco sat on, with a wince. He opened the window next to him and began murmuring some spells. Soon, the force of the healing aura strengthens greatly, speeding up the healing process of the wound.

"Baisel is alive" Marco broke the heavy silence, observing the vials he brought. "Though I suspect that you've already known, but this time is different"

"What do you mean by 'different'?" Alyn asked.

"My mother, Marie brought him back alive with necromancy. A power that could only be yielded by demonic creatures, succubus being one of them." Marco stated as he poured the cyan coloured vial into the bowl. "This means that Baisel is impossible to kill. Until Marie is dead, Baisel will be invulnerable to death"

Suddenly a crash was heard, yet Marco wasn't fazed. He knew he could feel the anger that radiated from the twins. He was angry too, and he hadn't been quiet in the whole situation. He has personally sent some 'gifts' to Marie as a greeting. 

His mother would absolutely love them.

"I wouldn't go after Marie now if I were you" Marco cut in, halting the twins that were going to fly away in any moment. "Succubus are weak creatures but remember their powers are beyond comprehension. This is must've been planned at the start. After all, Baisel was the Lord of our race, he's not that stupid"

Alvah almost grabbed the former sorcerer and throw him off the floor, if not for Alyn who held him back
"Calm brother. Our mate has to be saved, but this situation is not something we can barge into and swoop Glynis away" Alyn grumbled
"Baisel may be weaker than us, but he is a smart man that I can't even challenge. What if he puts our mate into a dangerous situation when we're there? Would you want to grief for his death? Do you?!"

Alyn let go of Alvah collar, watching his brother sat down onto a nearby chair, defeated. "Then... How could we get him back?" Alvah sighed, putting his heads in his hands.