Chapter 7

Glynis's POV

*~*~*~*

"Concentrate on the power within the flowers" Marco commanded as he placed a pot of flowers in front of me.

I closed my eyes and reached out my hand, palm open pointing to the plant. I could feel it's life swirling inside of it, coursing from its roots to every part of it.

"Now, conduct the energy flow towards you."

The feeling was as if I was sucking something through my hands. My palm was burning and my veins felt like ice. It felt like pins and needles, though the feeling felt good. The energy didn't mix with mine but it did help me gain more strength.

I opened my eyes to find the plant in front of me withered. Its stem was bent and the petals were falling. I carefully touched the plant, not wanting to damage it longer.

"What's this?" I ask as I gently caress the leaves.

"You just performed something called Energy Transfer. What you did is similar to Life Steal but that different" Marco explained. "Unlike Life Steal, the energy that you transferred into any medium won't combine with its new host's energy."

"A very useful power for succubus, but dangerous to others"

I looked at Marco, confused. He sat beside me, and plucked one of the flowers. The flower he was holding was now back to life blooming like spring season.

"It could bring one alive, or kill them" He said, releasing the flower. Again, back to it's withered, dried up condition.

"Alright, rest for a while. I'll go and ask the maids to bring some food."

I watched him walked back to the castle with the withered flowers. Sighing, I sat on the grass, and stared into the forest that was surrounding the field. It has been a month or so since Marco's kidnapping incident. I was happy to find out that he was my brother, but at the same time, I was sad. It wasn't because of him, it was the twins.

They've been busier with work, attending to their duties and holding meetings. The only time I met them was either at night when I'm ready to sleep. One of them would come in and wish me goodnight, then walk out after some while. Sometimes I would bump into them in the hallways, but it was only for a few minutes.

It was as if I wasn't important to them. Before that, they would take me wherever they go. Now, I couldn't even follow them. Was it the incident where I ran away from them caused this? Or did they lost interest in me? Whatever the reason is, I just couldn't understand.

Marco, however, was still my 'slave' Of course, to me he was just my brother, but others looked down on him when we walked through the castle. Though, now he was dressed in a more appropriate clothing. It made him look like normal without the goth attire. Oh, and the chains were gone, except for the collar.

I didn't like it, but apparently, it was the kingdom rules for slaves to wear a collar. To me, it felt like they were just treating them like dogs, which is also something I don't like. Slaves are slave and dogs are adorable.

Anyway, Marco has been training me on my powers. He said it important to make me a full-fledged succubus. I happy to say that the progress was successful. Horns were growing from my head and I have a tail. I could retract them back, but I left the tail out. It was quite useful to grab things.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I could hear footstep coming towards me. I sniffed the air, smelling food which made my stomach grumbled. Marco appeared in front of me with a tray of food. I quickly took the pancakes.

Delicious, as always.

"Is pancakes that good?" Marco asked as he chewed the waffles. Ew, waffles.

"Of course it's good. Better than waffles" I argued. "Plain waffles"

"Oh don't get me started, Glynis" Marco said as he playfully glared at me. I giggled and continued eating.

After consuming almost everything that was on the tray, I huffed as I pat my stomach. I could hear Marco chuckling, as he put the dished back onto the tray.

"Am I a full-fledged succubus now?" I suddenly asked.

"Almost, you just need to learn 2 more abilities. After that, your eye colour will change to purple, which will be your last transformation." Marco answered, "Why did you ask?"

"You said that all succubus's biggest sin was greed like for dragons its pride. I'll be like mother, won't I?" I mumbled, holding my knees to my chest. I could feel Marco's hand on my back rubbing circles.

"It's different, Glynis. Greed can be expressed to many things. Like greed towards wealth or possession, for example. Succubus's greed is caused by what they do not have before they transformed."

"Marie was poor and a slave, that's why she was greedy on ranks. You're technically higher than a king now, so don't worry about being like her." He reassured.

"Mother was so nice and she sold me" I sighed. "I was so stupid to think that she loved me."

"She did, before she was again blinded by her greed." Marco said, hugging me "but just remember that I still love you, okay?"

I smiled, hugging him back "Love you too, bubba"

But what I said felt empty.

We continued training the new ability I learnt. It was definitely tiring. I think I transferred some of my own energy out back then. No wonder I felt so weak.

Marco ended our training when he saw the sun began to set. Both of us bid goodbyes as we went to our ways. He went back to the to castle back to his room while I walked around, not wanting to go back to my room. The room that I share with the twins, it smells like them.

I walked past to the meeting room, which Alyn and Alvah were in there. I looked at them, talking with whoever was in there. Maybe some kings or some duke. Alyn apparently noticed me standing there. He smiled and waved his hand, signing me to come here.

I continue to stand there, staring at the twins. Before Alyn could call out for me, I turned around, walking away to wherever I'm going to roam.

If I followed them, surely they're going to take me back to our room when the meeting ended and say that they have duties to attend. I rather avoid them before I get too attached. I'll start to miss them and get sad. Maybe fall into depression? Either way, they're 'too busy' and I'm 'too sad' to care.

I don't need them. Mates or not, they're the one who isn't treating me like a 'mate.' I'll just treat as if I don't love them, even if I really wanted to go to them just now, jumping into their arms. Them ruffling my hair and giving me kisses. No matter what I do, it's the same.

I miss them.

*~*~*~*

Happy Chinese New Year peeps. Sorry that I didn't update last week so I'll be spoiling you guys with another chapter alright? I haven't started yet so be patient. Prob update tomorrow, or today if I felt like a night owl. I live in in the east okay people, it's like midnight here.

Also I'm sorry for the last chapter. I feel like it wasn't well written and was too rushed, so I might edit it while I'm on it.

Now go watch some cat videos on youtube and make yourself laugh c: