Chapter 15

The woman dashed through the long hallways, the sound of the heels clanking echoed throughout the castle. The pearl necklace bounced against her collarbone, her breath ragged as she struggled to keep the pace up. Her face was flushed red in anger, eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

Her hand seemed to be crushing a piece of paper.

"Let the fates damn you, Marcellus!" she screamed into the void. "How dare you foil my plans! How dare you! How dare you!" Her cries bounced around the walls of the castle. The paintings hanged loomed as the chandelier carried the shadow of the woman running away.

"The fates have already damned me for decades." A reply rung through the woman's head.

She abruptly stopped, almost tripping into the carpet laid under her. She whipped behind to find a man in the shadow. His face reflected the lights as he walked towards her, revealing himself to the woman.

"My little brother has been ripped from my grasp and I've lived years not even knowing if he's alive" He snarled, grabbing the arms of the woman. She flinched from his words as her figure shrunk from his size that towered over her weak one.

"Now I will live with my life knowing that while I lived, he has been raped over and over again, serving those who demanded." His words were heavy, hanging over the woman's head like the sins that she committed.

"If that's not damned, then tell me mother," He spat at Marie.

"What is damned?"

"Unhand me you filthy child" Marie countered, her nails clawing at Marcellus's arm. "If it's not for your little brother, I wouldn't be kicked out of the kingdom. All because of him, I have to sacrifice everything again to get where I am now!"

"Without him, I would still be living happily with Prince Vex!" She cried "I could be the mother you could be proud of-"

"But you are not!" He let go of her, causing Marie to fall onto the carpeted floor. "You sleep with anyone that you see worthy of a title!" His words boomed across the hall. "Glynis was a child you brought to the world due to your selfishness!"

"My selfishness is a curse of mine-"

"And your curse has brought your children to lived the life you damned them with." His every word made Marie scoot backwards, trembling with overwhelmed emotions. "He was only a child who wished for his mother's affection, but instead sold to pimps who made him into a sex worker at the age of 10!" He yelled as tears welled up around his eyes threatening to fall.

"All he wanted to be love. But fates let all know that he never even received an ounce of it" Marcellus croaked, the feeling of pain overwhelmed him. Since that day of watching is brother enter that carriage to the day he met Glynis again, he always prayed for his safety. He wished to the fates, that his little brother lived in joy, happiness and receiving love that he deserved.

But the fates were never kind.

It was a coincidence that the two brothers met. Marcellus knew that the dragon lords' mate was brought back from some kind of brothel in the outskirt, but he never had any interest to know to mate. Marcellus was never the man that held any regard for others, and even the news of the lord could not even change his mind. Until one day he passed by a gossiping maid who was preparing food for the lords' mate. He shook his head at them, his mind was absent from the conversation until he heard the name of his little brother.

Glynis

After that, all he could do was hoped he catch the glimpse of the mate, but even he knew it was impossible. He was the kingdom's sorcerer. What business does he have with the Lords' little one? He was almost given up hope until the day he met the succubus in the library, struggling to read one of the many books there.