Chapter 16

"And then he was like 'No way' but I was like 'Yes way"

Laughter erupted from the little succubus he listened on to the vampire lord retelling his story. The two had reached the vampires' land moments after defeating Baisel back at the brothel. The pimp was still alive but certainly traumatised from the encounter with Hima.

If it goes as planned, then Baisel will sent back to Raiden's Castle to spread the news and probably convince the succubus king to heed his warning, predicted by Marcellus.

As for now, Hima is serving his little guess with some sweet cookies and a story.
What story you may ask? Oh, just one about how Hima met Marcus. Maybe one day you'll get to join in.

"So Marcy was like 'fine fine, I accept you' and how many years as it been since we met? Too long boy too long" Hima scoffed. "That boy is lucky I love him because dang would I been fuming after all I've done"

Glynis rubbed his face as he took his breath. His cheeks burned with soreness from laughing and grinning for too long as he listened to the story told by Hima. Glynis paused to take, bitting into the delicious cookie in front of him. The pause made his mind wonder for a bit, muting the sounds that went on in the background.
His mind questioned many things leading from what had happened. What's going to happen now? Where are his mates? Is Elena okay? His eye brows then start to furrow with his mouth forming into a frown. The vampire lord tsked, grabbing the attention of the succubus.

"You know, it's been like the 5th time you've done this, little guy. Jeez, try to appriciate my hard work abit will ya?" Hima crossed his arms, shaking his head in disappointment. "It's so hard making you happy and now look at you" He then sighed, getting up from the couch towards to the window.

From the window, one can see the sky bleed red that covered the land of the vampires. Looking down onto his castle's ground, he watched as his people worked. From the castle, the view spectates the merchants making deals, soldiers training and guarding, farmers selling their livestocks and many of the activities of the vampires. Hima closed his eyes at the sight.

"Y'know, it's okay to sometimes not blame yourself, Glynis" Hima stated, catching the attention of the succubus. "The Fates do not discriminate when it comes to pain and misery. Even lords, the most powerful beings of their own race, couldn't escape from the Fates."

Hima opened his eyes and turned to look at Glynis, sitting there looking at him with sad eyes. "The Fates were ruthless to you, yes that is a fact. But many says that once you endured it all, bliss comes after" The vampire lord smiled. "We, the undead beings cannot die of old age. In exchange, we suffer pain that would be equal to death, and then reborn into life of bliss"

"So I ask you to not put yourself in such position of pity" Hima said, walking to his seat and he grab his coat. "Now excuse me as I'll be taking my leave before they're coming. "

"Who's coming?"

Hima chuckled at Glynis, then pointed his finger into the red sky. The succubus turned to look outside the frame. Glynis's eye sparked as he ran towards the winow. The ground seemed normal, filled with buildings and people walking about. What caught his attention was the sky. There was a storm brewwing at the center and that is certainly something that didn't look anything normal. The clouds were spirling inwards to what seems to be a hole that was spewing out lightning to the atmosphere.

Strands of hair on the succubus body stood up straight. He could feel the electricity charge in the air. He rubbed his arm to calm himself down. Glynis didn't feel threathened or afraid, no that's not it. He felt... excited and he couldn't know why. The humidity in the air were increasing and the surrouding is now filled with strong winds blowing from all directions. Looking once again at the storm, Glyis gulped, before yelling the names of his beloved mates.