Episode 2-Ricky & Amy Engaged Again

In the apartment over the butcher shop-Ricky's POV

I looked up at Amy in disbelief. Did I hear her right? Did she just break the second greatest news of my life to me? Was I hearing things? I looked around the room in hopes of a hint that I had heard right. All I saw were smiles plastered on everybody's faces. I didn't know if the smiles were because Amy had said yes to my proposal, or because she had announced she was pregnant. Either way, there was only one way to find out, but before I could speak Amy beat me to it.

Amy: Are you mad Ricky? Are you upset? Is this not good news to you?

Instantly, I saw the fear in her eyes. Why would she think that?

Ricky: No, of course not Amy. I'm just in disbelief and shock. Are you really pregnant?

Amy: So I did surprise you? What do you mean am I really pregnant?

Ricky: Yes, you did surprise me. Are you sure it's not just another scare? Like last time.

Amy: Nope, it is not a scare. I'm really pregnant. I went to the doctor, that's why I know I'm pregnant.

Ricky: Wow. Amy, this is the third greatest news I have ever gotten in my life. The first being John, and the second being you changed your mind about New York and deciding to marry me.

Amy: I love you Ricky.

Ricky: I love you Amy. Lets go out tonight? Just me and you?

Amy: What about John?

Miguel: I can watch him. Its the least I can do to thank you and Ricky for letting me stay here during my summer break.

Amy & Ricky: Are you sure?

Miguel: Yes, you guys go. The gang and I got John.

Ricky: Alright then. Lets go.

The Apartment over the Butcher Shop-Miguel's POV

I watched as Ricky and Amy left the apartment. For once, my cousin was happy. Happier then he had been his whole life. Him and Amy were meant to be together. Sure, they may have done things a little different and a little out of order, but in the end it all worked out. At least, it worked out for now. Hopefully they would never experience heartbreak again. All of their friends had stayed behind. We were about to plan something they would never forget.

Adrian: First order of business, how for along do you all think Amy is?

Grace: Adrian Lee, that is none of our business.

Adrian: Kind of is. She is our friend. This time I am going to throw her a proper baby shower.

Miguel: Oh Adrian. I know you know how far along she is. I doubt that you had that conversation at the airport without that coming up. And I know anything of you from the last time I saw you, I know that you're just trying to see if anyone has the right guess. If they have the right guess, that means she told someone else before she told you. Which I doubt, seeing as emotional as she was when I walked up to you at the airport. Stop worrying, you're the only one who knows. Besides Ricky who is gonna know in by the end of the night.

John: I'm tired.

Miguel: Okay, lets go to bed buddy.

I took John to his room, and let him chose a story. He chose the story that was on his bed. From what I had been told by Ricky, I recognized this story. It was the last story Amy had read him before her attempt to run off to New York. I read the story to him and watched him from the corner of my eye. He didn't fall asleep until the end of book. I stood up, placed the book on his shelf, and slowly and quietly made my way out of his room. I returned to the living room to find the group eating pizza. They must have ordered it while I was putting John to sleep.