Episode 12: Downfall

Previously on Secret Life Returns: Adrian went to Ben's to give him a chance to talk. We learned that Adrian does not think Ben is the bad guy. Ben showed Adrian where Mercy was kept. It was also learned that Ben only knew about Mercy for a few weeks, and that Leo was actually the one behind it. Leo had done it because he didn't want Ben married. Also, Amy received a surprise visitor on her first day back at work. The visitor wanted Amy to give them the twins, and our visitor remains unknown to us.

________________________________________________________________________________

Two weeks later-The Condo-Adrian's POV

It had been a couple of weeks since I brought Mercy home. Ben and I decided that we would switch off every week. It was fine with me. As I had told Ben, I don't think of him as the bad guy. I do feel bad for yelling at him when he said he wasn't sure on how to talk to me about it. It wasn't all his fault. I did seal myself away for some time after Ricky and Amy reengaged. It broke me to see them happy and know that my engagement had ended because my fiance was selfish. In the weeks since Leo had confessed, Ben and I had him arrested. I told Ben I wanted to file a claim against Leo, but now I wasn't sure. Something inside of was telling me that I didn't know the whole truth. Something was telling me that Leo was holding back a vital piece of information. Not anything that could harm Leo. More like something that would let Leo off the hook. Knowing Leo he was probably keeping something from us to protect us, but I wasn't sure yet. Ben was on his way over here right now. Maybe when he got here, I could talk him into going to see Leo. Just to see if Leo would tell me what what really happened. I heard my doorbell ring. I got up from the couch and went to answer the door.

Adrian: Hey Ben. Come on in.

Ben: Hey Adrian. Thank you.

Adrian: How have you been holding up these past few weeks?

Ben: I'm fine. As good as you can possibly be in this situation. How's Mercy?

Adrian: She's good. I think she is in her and Ashley's room, or in the bathroom. You're still taking her today right for the upcoming week?

Ben: Of course I am.

Adrian: Okay, just wanted to make sure. MERCY COME SAY HI TO YOUR FATHER! Hey Ben, I have something I need to ask you. I know its going to sound weird, but I need to do it.

Mercy: (coming from the direction of the room she shares with Ashley) Hi dad!

Ben: Hey Mercy. What did you want to ask me Adrian?

Adrian: Can we go see Leo? There is something inside of me that is telling me that something about this whole thing is off. Like Leo is hiding something to protect everybody. I just want to see if he would be willing to give me the information he is hiding. I know that if he gives me that information, then we can get his name cleared. I would also like to hold off on filing a claim against Leo.

Ben: I had the same feeling. Yeah, we can go see him, but I doubt he is gonna give us that information. If he was hiding it to protect us, then he is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that we stay protected. We can try to get the information from him. But what do we do with Mercy?

Adrian: We can take her with us, or we can see if Grace or Amy or maybe even Miguel will babysit her. If we're going to visit Leo, we need to do it today. Otherwise, Leo really is going to keep the information to himself.