Episode 18: Private Detail

Previously On Secret Life Returns: After her return to town, Anne tried to mend some of her broken relationships. Anne attempted to mend her relationship with Amy first. Amy refuses to accept Anne's apology. Amy finally tells Anne she wants Anne out of her life for good, and that she wants nothing to do with her anymore. Anne then tries to mend her relationships with Ashley and George. Both of whom follow Amy's lead, and refuse to accept Anne's apology. Both of them telling Anne they also want her gone from their lives. While at work, Ricky was visited by the stalker. Ricky, being himself, stood up for his family and himself against the stalker. The stalker purposely dropped a letter for Ricky, which Ricky read. Later that night, Ben visited the butcher shop to promote Ricky to owner. At which point, Ricky tells Ben about the letter, and allows Ben to read it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

That Same Night-Butcher Shop Parking Lot-Ricky's POV

Ben and I stood in the parking lot. None of us saying anything. Ben still had the letter in his hand. The expression on his face made it obvious that he was thinking about something. My heart raced, as I tried to figure out what it could be. As I realized that now the stalker was expanding his reach. Before this he had only communicated with Amy and I believe Adrian directly. But know he was also directly communicating with me directly. Which meant something big was coming.

Ben: When did he give you this? And was this the only connect he made with you?

Ricky: He didn't exactly give it to me, but around 10 this morning. No, it wasn't the only contact he made with me.

Ben: What do you mean he didn't exactly give it to you? And what other contact has he made with you?

Ricky: He came into this butcher shop this morning and started talking to me, if you want to call it that. Him and I exchanged a few words. Then on his way out it fell out his of pocket. At first I thought he dropped it accidentally, so I let it sit on the floor for a few minutes. When he didn't come back for it, I went to see what it was. It had my name on the envelope so I read it. I wasn't going to tell anyone. But then you came along, and you're now one of my best friends, so I thought I would tell you.

Ben: I'm glad you did. Thanks for considering me one your best friends. Okay, so if you haven't left the shop since then, that means I'm the only other person who has read this. Come to think of it, the psycho is probably watching us right now. Probably angry that you gave me the letter.

Ricky: What does him watching us and him being angry have to with the bigger picture? (his hands running through his hair)

Ben: If we make him angry, that means he'll do something even worse.

Ricky: (eyes beginning to tear up) So what now?

Ben: I'm hiring body guards for everyone who lives in your house, as well as providing security detail for your house.

________________________________________________________________________________

Coffee Shop-Margaret's POV