Episode 11: Return Of The Lost

Previously on Secret Life Returns: After Miguel had his talk with with Ben, he arrived home. Upon arriving home, he awoke Grace by accident. They talked for a few hours, and Miguel told her that Ben had told him secret. They then discussed what plan of action Miguel should take regarding Ben's secret. A few minutes later, they both received a text from George stating that Ben requested everyone to meet for dinner the next night. We also saw Ashley attend her sonogram appointment with Adrian. It was discovered that Ashley was pregnant with a baby girl at the dinner. Also at the dinner it was revealed that Anne had left town, Amy revealed the sex of the twins to everyone else, George gave the house to Ricky and Amy, and Ben revealed the secret that he had told Miguel. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Boykewich Residence-Front Porch-Adrian's POV

The secret that Ben had revealed yesterday angered me. I was furious. Furious to know that the daughter that I told was dead, and that I held while she was dead was actually not in fact dead. That Ben knew for who knows how long and was now just telling me. It wasn't right. I don't know how long Ben has known, but if he had known while I was severely depressed about losing Mercy would have been wrong. He had asked me to come over to his house today. At first I was reluctant, but I eventually I agree. The least I could do was hear him out. It was only right. But I shouldn't have to do something right for someone who had just let the biggest secret last night. Amy had stayed with me and Ashley last night. Ashley had asked her to knowing that I needed someone to help me through this. It's like I was feeling Mercy's death twice because she had been taken from me not just once, but twice. Her father had hidden her from me, her mother. For all I know, she could have been told that someone else was her mother. I was sitting on the couch staring blankly at the wall, anger visible on my face when I saw Ben walk out of the front door and down the porch. Upon seeing his face worsened my pain, so I quickly stood up and began gathering my things. I don't know why I agreed to this. 

Ben: Adrian. Adrian! Please. Just wait give me a chance to explain. 

Adrian: (standing with her keys in hand and purse on her shoulder) Why? Why should I? You kept something from me that you know I was still mourning over to this day. 

Ben: I can't tell you what happened unless you give me that chance. You should give me that chance, so you can know. 

Knowing he was right, I placed my keys in my bag, and placed my bag on the outside table. I quickly sat down on the lawn chair.

Adrian: Fine. You can explain yourself. But I decided where you start, and I decided when this conversation is over. Start with the fact that you told everyone at dinner, instead of just telling me first. 

Ben: I thought it would be easier to only have to say it once. It was already hard enough for me to work up the courage to say it then. To me, saying it that one time felt more of a relief. Instead of having to tell one person at a time. Again, it was just easier for me. 

Adrian: The specific words there are easier for you Ben. I don't care what was easier for you. She is my daughter. I gave birth to her. Her mother, me, should have been told before anybody else was told. It was wrong for you to tell all of those people without letting me know first. It hurt when you said that at the dinner last night. 

Ben: How was I supposed to tell you Adrian? We hardly see each other anymore. The only time we see each other is when other people are around, or some of our other friends are around. Besides I didn't reach out because I thought you and Omar were still engaged.