Chapter 25

Hello loves, hope you are all doing well! Now, I know that y'all have been so patiently waiting for this chapter and I'll admit, I had a lot of fun writing it and hope y'all like it 😁

-----

"You're far too fat for the catwalk."

About a third into the show, I saw a mixture of designs and and the models wearing them. Petite and plus, tall and short; hell, just as many males and kids easily ranked along with the females in the show. I was impressed by how well each person thought outside the box with their presentations.

Despite being thoroughly impressed by the turnout, it did nothing to calm me. I still hadn't seen Ash walk yet. And when I last saw her, I could swear she was at the beginning of the line. Also, since the majority of the students used actual models instead of presenting their designs on themselves which made it impossible to deduce what order they could be going it.

"Yes, yes! Loving it!" The announcer dragged out as a pair of toddler twin girls exited the stage. "So much fierceness in such tiny packages, I love it!" The voice called earning cheers from the crowd.

"Those girls were so adorable!" Quinn commented. I nodded in agreement. The two girls had fair skin and honey blonde hair curled into ringlets. The outfits they wore were yin and yang style rockabilly dresses with mini booties. I wanted to pinch their rosy cheeks when they first skipped onto the stage.

"We're halfway done folks, how're doing?!" He yelled, getting various whoops and roars in response. "Are ya'll ready for this next one cause I am PUMPED!" He cheered.

"Geez, who do you think it could be?" Quinn questioned, curiosity laced in her tone as he sat up straighter as if it would help her see better.

"Next up is by Quinn Antoinette O'Bryant with makeup by Logan Garrett! Their lovely model, Monique Woods, is wearing a pair hip-huggers stitched together with multi-pattern jean cutouts; very sixties, I like! And let me tell you about this shirt!" He exclaimed, going in extra detail.

Her shirt was a black crop-top, ending just above her navel that had an extravagant studded ring resting inside. And the shirt itself broadcasted an amazing message. In different sections, which the announcer read out, had various phrases crossed through in a bold red:

Fight

Throw

Kick

Work

Run

Swing

Lead

Shoot

Dance

Play

And dead center in the larger print was three little words that held power behind them:

LIKE A GIRL

Beside me, Quinn was tearing up. "No tears darling, you did fantastic!" I said honestly, looking back at Monique as she strut down the catwalk like she owned it.

"I took inspirational from a campaign a few years ago and Monique helped me make it my own," Quinn grinned, looking up as Monique paused at the end of the catwalk.

Monique's expression was forward and neutral like a true professional. Her makeup was minimal: plum colored lips with silver highlight on her cheeks and eyes. But what really stood out was her signature kinky curls. Monique's hair looked bigger and was styled in half braids with the rest of her hair flaring out into a large dark fro.