Chapter 41, part 1

A/N: Hello loves! I'm not sure what all I can say to explain myself but know that I am truly thankful to each and every one of y'all! I've used the last couple months to sort myself out and hopefully get back on track. Anyways, I got a few pieces of news:

One, this story has over 90K read! Holy effing shiznit! I never thought this story would make it this far and I am truly honored that it did. This story is so close to the 100th mark and I'm in so much awe so thank y'all very much for that.

Two, I've entered this story into the wattys again and I have my fingers crossed! Hopefully this story will make it this time!

And lastly, after being up here for two years (holt craps, another shock for ya) this story will for sure be ending. I'm working on roughly another 10 or less chapters plus an epilogue to end it within the next few months. I can't help but feel it's time ya know? And weirdly enough, it doesn't feel that way at times. Welp, anyways, onward to the update! While I was doing some editing (probably missed a few things but I'm running on fumes currently) I noticed that is chapter was super long so it's been split into two parts! Yes, so fascinating! 😂 but no worries, I won't be evil and will make sure to share part two at the end of the week, hope y'all like it!

-----

"It's my party..."

"Ugh, I can't wait for all this pink crap to go away. When will it be over?"

"Awe little duck, you shouldn't talk about your birthday like that."

I glared at him as I pushed my cart down the next aisle. The store we were in was decked out in hearts of pink and red with flowers in nearly every corner. Stuff like this was making me detest my birthday more and more each year. But since I was 'smart' enough to bring Johnny with me on this little conquest, he was doing everything in his power to put a positive spin on my birthday.

"You are a literal symbol of your mothers' love."

"It's your day to love and be loved."

"Think of it as a double celebration."

"It's a combination of two different things: your birth existence and my love for y-"

"Okay! I get it!" I interrupted making him laugh. "You don't hear me sprouting lines about your birthday?"

"Well, I'm actually ok with my birthday love."

I rolled my eyes. "Why did I decide to bring you again?"

"Cause you love me," he stated, dragging out the 'o' in love.

"Hmmm, do I?" I teased. Looking at his face, his smile was gone. "Oh my God, I'm kidding!"

"You better or else I won't give you your gifts?" He replied.

"Gifts? As in plural?" I gasped. He smiled smugly. "Why the plural?"

"Well, it's our first Valentine's Day together and your birthday? Do I need another reason?" He said in a matter of fact tone.

"But I don't need anything..." I muttered.

Now it was Johnny's turn to roll his eyes. "BUT...I wanted to." Before I could retaliate again, he covered my mouth with his hand. "And you're my girl. For once can you just let me spoil you?"