Chapter 35

A/N: Hello loves, sorry for the slight update delay...last week was so hectic in my real world. Anyways! This chapter is a bit of a long one...mostly filler and a bit of fluff with some steaminess at the end hehe. Enjoy!

-----

"Keep Moving Forward."

I didn't scream. I didn't cry. I remained still despite the urge with each press of the needle. The best way to describe the feeling was being scratched and pinched by a cat that hadn't been tended to in years. It was more uncomfortable than painful if I'm being honest. And Terra was very gentle as she worked, the process taking just over an hour.

"Ok sweetheart, I'm all finished!" She exclaimed happily. Terra set down her gun and picked through a drawer. Once finished, she produced a thick piece of gauze and some plastic wrap. "I'm gonna tape then wrap your arm ok? You bled a little, bit but that's normal!"

I nodded, watching her work. "Thank you."

She winked, "no problem sweetie. You can take this off in a couple hours and you can bath normally, just be careful to use only mild soap on it for the next few weeks. Use ointment at least twice a day to help it heal and watch out for peeling ok?"

"I will, thank you again; you do beautiful work," I stood up to give her a half hug.

"Thank you for the opportunity and for sharing your story; you are a very brave woman," she replied, returning the hug.

"Not as brave as you," I complimented.

"We all are in our own way," she grinned. "Darla will take care of you at the desk alright? And I'll be here if you ever want more ink."

I chuckled nervously. "I think I'm good for now."

"That's what they all say," and with a final wink, she shut the curtain behind me.

"Hey Miss Badass! How'd it go?" Darla greeted.

"Not as bad as I thought it'd be," I grinned.

"I didn't hear you screaming like a little bitch so kudos mama!" She cheered. "Ok sweets, cash or credit?"

"Just put it on my tab Darla," Johnny spoke from behind me.

"Oh nuh uh! It's your birthday," I protested.

"And?" He countered, coming to stand beside me. "I dragged you here and you actually got inked. What a gift," he smirked making me sigh.

"Darla, here's my card-"

"You put that away little duck."

"Charge it please."

"Don't do it Darla."

"I insist-"

"Don't do it-"

"Hey!" Darla interrupted, silencing us both. "Didn't think ya'll skipped the honeymoon stage and went straight to old married couple. Jee-zus!" She huffed. "Anyways, Lennon, Johnny has been coming here for a few years now and put aside quite a bit of money for his work so your tattoo barely makes a dent."

I frowned, "can I at least leave a tip?"

"And that has already been applied dear."

"Haha," Johnny mocked.

"Ok, just for that, I'm not giving you your birthday gift!" I stuck my tongue out in a mocking gesture.

He scoffed. "You couldn't have gotten me something that quick..." he chuckled nervously, "did you?"