Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Roxy's POV

I poked my head through the bathroom door and looked both ways. No Harry. I let out a big breath of air I just realized I had been holding and stepped out before sneakily creeping down the hallway. The exit was right there. All I had to do was get to it and-

"Gotcha." The familiar husky voice whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind trapping me there.

I tried to wiggle out of his grip but to no avail. I went limp in his arms and he chuckled. "They're not going to like me, Harry! There are so many better people waiting. Why are you making me do this?"

"Because you're being modest and you know you're a great actress. They'll be stupid not to give you the part." He kissed my temple as he put an arm around my waist and led me back to our place in line, conveniently being held by a fan of his. There were 2 more people in line ahead of us with the exception of the person on the other side of that door.

I bit my lip as the girl exited looking like a little girl that's lollipop had just been stolen. Another one that didn't get the part. The director must have been very strict. Not one girl had gotten a part yet. This just made me even more nervous. If none of those girls got the part, what should make me or Harry think I would?

Harry turned me to face him as the last girl exited the room, meaning it was my turn. "Look, you're going to be fine. You'll do great. You have no reason to be nervous. They'll love you. Okay? I love you." he said as he held my face in his hands. I nodded as he kissed me and I squeezed my eyes shut. My eyelids popped open and I took a deep breath. I smiled at him and strode inside. I was going to show them that acting meant more to me than it did to most people. I was going to show them that I deserved this part just as much as the next person. I was determined to get the part.

"Hello, Ms... Mc' Kartney. Harry's girl, eh?" the one and only, Mark Waters stood before me.

I nodded and held my head high despite my urges to fan-girl. "The one and only."

He smiled at me before handing me the script and showing me which lines to say. "And.. action." He said and the camera began to roll.

"So, if you're from Africa... why are you white?" I said with a totally nonchalant face on, looking him up and down as if he were possessed.

"Lovely! Next line."

"On Wednesdays, we wear pink!" I said smiling widening my eyes.

"I think she's on a roll. Go on, love."

"So.. that's against the rules.. and you can't sit with us." I said with an annoyed expression.

"Whatever, those rules aren't real." He replied to me, in character.

I put on an enraged face widening my eyes and parting my mouth slightly tilting my head back. "They were real that day I wore a vest!"

"What are you?" he asked skipping to another scene.

"I'm a mouse, duh." I said rolling my eyes and looking at him like he was stupid, putting a hand on my hip for extra effect.

"Hey!"

I gasped slightly raising my hands and stepping back. "Why are you dressed so scary?"

"It's Halloween."

"Have you seen Jason?" The woman next to him asked playing as the other role.

"You know whose looking fine tonight?" I asked dreamily looking off into the distance. "Seth."