Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Babe, what did they say..?" Harry said coming closer towards me. I bit my lip and looked anywhere but those piercing green eyes. I couldn't possibly look him in the eyes. I held my phone firmly in my hand as if it was my lifeline. I could feel little tears brimming the edges of my eyes but I forced them away. "Roxy.." he said taking my hand in his.

"Harry, not now. I need... I need some space." I said walking past him and out of the house, dropping my phone on the couch in the process.

The cool night air whipped against me as I pulled my cardigan closer. The only sound that travelled through my ears was the sea crashing against the shore and the little crickets in the grass that outlined the sand. The silence left me to my thoughts, which was never good.

This is exactly why I didn't want to do this. The fact that I would be rejected. I've had so much rejection in my life and I really couldn't handle anymore. If only I'd stayed home. If only I brought my phone with me. I would've gotten the part. I was capable of it. But Harry had to ask me to go on a stroll with him.

I knew I shouldn't be angry with Harry, but that didn't stop the little burning sensation I felt towards him at the moment. I couldn't help it. I had warned him. I told him the facts. I asked him to at least get my phone before we left, but he wouldn't have it.

I know he only meant well. He didn't know that they would call the moment I left the house. He only wanted to take my mind off of things and I adore him for that. The only person I could be angry at was myself. Myself for not fighting harder against him. Myself for always giving into him too easily. I needed to get a grip on myself. I needed to be able to fight my own battles and I had to stop letting Harry fight them for me.

I was independent before he came back. I did everything myself from the day him and my parents left. I never asked anyone for anything. If I needed something I would get it myself. It was always me, myself and I. I even got a job that paid really well, leaving me with a very large bank account. The only money I'd ever taken from someone was the money my parents sent me every month. That was the only contact I had from them. Money. As if it was supposed to solve everything. Nothing could solve the burden my parents left on me. Not an apology, not them coming back, nothing.

They left the biggest whole in my heart, and I didn't think it could ever be healed until Harry came back. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry's helped me. I remember the day crystal clear when he forced the story out of me. He'd held my hand in his the whole time and wiped away any tear that trickled down my cheek like he always did when something bad happened. During the whole scene, I was struck with a painful sense of déjà vu. When I finished, he didn't say anything. He didn't apologize for the way they left. Randomly on a Tuesday after school, my house empty except for my new parents who held the unfortunate news. He didn't apologize for leaving me or not being there for me.

Instead, he held me and kissed me. He brushed my tears away and held me firmly in his arms, as if I was going to vanish from him the way my parents did to me. He let the comforting silence envelope us and he listened to my sob story. I realized right then and there, that was exactly what I'd needed all along.

I needed someone to be there for me, to listen to me. I didn't need someone putting their imput in everything I said. I didn't need someone's sympathy. I needed time and closure and I needed someone to be by my side, silently, while I wrapped my head around everything that happened.

This is why I shouldn't be angry with Harry. He always wanted what was best for me. He would never hurt me intentionally. He'd kill anyone that even thought of hurting me. He was there for me whenever I needed him. I shouldn't be here by myself. I should be there, with him because that's what he's there for. He's there to be with me through whatever crap life throws at me. And I'll be there for him when it's his turn.

I sighed and looked at my watch. I'd been out for an hour now. He must be worried sick. I turned on my heel and began my descent towards our beloved vacation house. The house was eerie quiet. It was as if a soul had never stepped foot in it. A shiver ran up my spine at the loneliness that encased me. I looked through the house about 5 times before deciding no one was home. Where had Harry gone? Right now, I wanted him next to me more than ever.

I jumped as a little beeping sound came from the cell phone on the couch. I picked it up to find it wasn't mine and it was Harry's, but what got to me was that it was a message, from a girl.

That girl was Sam.

My eyes scanned over the message conveniently showed on the screen without me having to do anything.

Harry. You can't hide this from her for longer. We both know what happened at that club and if you don't tell her soon, I will.

-Sam

Xx

My breath hitched in my throat at the photo shown below. The couple's lips were locked. The girl was the exact replica of Sam and you couldn't mistake those curls anywhere. She was wearing the skimpiest dress I've ever seen, if you could even call it that and he wearing a black Jack Wills hoodie.

The hoodie I gave to him.

SURPRISE CHAPTER! Boom. Comment your thoughts.

This chapter is dedicated to my sweet and loving homeslice because her stories are simply amazing and deserve a heck of a lot more reads! @supersuspendersxx I love you girl! Thanks for dedicating one of your chapters of TOMS to me and for that little messgae :3 

Oh and before I leave you to whatever it is that you enjoy doing, GO CHECK OUT MY STORY I MADE WITH @mr_suspenders ! We'd love to know what you think about it. Our joint account where you shall find it @1DsPandas and the name of the story is Was It Just A Summer Fling? I'll be updating it on the weekend :) x

ONE MORE THING! This story has gotten so far and I really want to thank you guys for that. It really means a lot to me and I honestly never thought I would get this far. I mean, 60,000 reads?! And 600 fans!? My feelings to that are indescribable and I love you guys so much. You're one of the main reasons I have a smile on my face during the day. I LOVE YOU GUYS! Thank you so much for everything and I could've never done it without you. I am forever grateful. <3